cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud with O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was simswapped on the 23rd Feb - contacted O2 straight away who claimed to have re-diverted the calls back to my original sim card in about an hour.  However, since this simswap occured I have lost £7000 from a business account and calls being made to my number are still diverting to a lycamobile sim card.

The fraud could still be occuring as obviously calls are STILL GOING TO THE WRONG SIM.  I have contacted O2 who were meant to be dealing with this but have obviously NOT FIXED THE PROBLEM and I have already lost 7k as stated.

Unacceptable.  How was a fraudster able to get past security questions in store (Wembley high road) and also bypass bank security.  At this point there is no one I can contact to do something about this (it is 12.30pm) and feedbacck from O2 has been slow and the job obvously not done properly (CALLS STILL GOING TO A ROGUE SIM).

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23046 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Until the OP comes back to explain things a bit more fully we can only guess as to what's really happened. At the moment it makes absolutely no sense to me, and I'm more than a little sceptical about it all.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 12

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'm well and truly confused! @Bambino seems to have listed plenty of steps needed to access a bank account!

Obviously there's much more going on than we know and as mentioned only the op will know these deets!
Message 12 of 12