cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud at O2 - Disconnection Charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Around a month ago I received a "Disconnection Charge" of around £470 for a device that I paid off at O2 , on the day that the bill came out a phoned customer services to have the error corrected. They advised it would be sorted and I should hear back in 3 days. Rinse repeat a further 3 times. 9 days passed so I resorted to the webchat , 3 times I have been told the issue will be resolved until today where I was told no form has been submitted by O2.

The result is I am going to be charged £470 from O2 and I am now going to have a nightmare time to claim it back, if O2 know that the money is not due and they take the sum after having 30 days to resolve it, surely this is fraud?

I am reluctant to cancel my direct debit as this will result negatively in my credit history as it will go down as a non-payment.

First time using O2 and to be miss-lead and lied to by some many customer service people has put me off using them for life. Let me know if you would like to see the chat logs.

Extracts from chat logs 1st Chat PARAS: The contract has been disconnected on the 29/10/2016. PARAS: It'll be resolved on the 11/11/2016. PARAS: I hope I was quick? RYAN FINN: it was. Thanks have a good day. PARAS: Is there anything else I can help you with? RYAN FINN: No that is all. PARAS: Take care & have a lovely week ahead. 2nd Chat Nov 23 2016, 09:46:31 AM GEORGE: I've checked your account and can see that, we've sorted this from our side , so this will be removed from your account within 1-3 working days, and trust me it won't impact on your credit scores as you've paid off the phone amount. 3rd Chat NAUSH: I have taken your request and forwarded to our relevant team. They will get back to you within 3 working days with the refund details. A phone call confirmed that at no point was a refund actioned by O2.

Thanks

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I submitted a complaint using the complaints area form on Wednesday the 1st of December , 14 days later and no response from O2. I will re-submit the complaint , pathetic.

Message 21 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They do say up to 10 working days but it certainly won't do any harm resubmitting.

Message 22 of 24

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I think they get a lot of complaints just lately !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 24

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions