Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Account Take Over

TJ6
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, only just realised that this is quite a frequent incident after ready historical posts about this in here; I fell for it today and hey have managed to take over my O2 account and proceeded to very expensive handsets; I now have confirmation of the delivery of the handsets. I have contacted my bank to put a block on my account; I have also raised this issue with O2 Customer Services earlier tonight. I was told that I would get a response from the Fraud Team in the next 24-28 hours. Im at a loss since this is the first time this has happened to me; what can I do at this point? Im anxious that the phone is apparently being delivered today? Can they intercept this? Any advice would be much appreciate albeit alleviating the pressure that is keep me awake at this time. 😞

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@TJ6 As you've reported the fraud to your bank and O2 there isn't much else you can do. You'll have to wait to hear from the fraud team, but if you haven't done so already, the police should also be informed: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ 

If the delivery is intercepted by the fraudsters it isn't your responsibility, as you've done what you should.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@TJ6 As you've reported the fraud to your bank and O2 there isn't much else you can do. You'll have to wait to hear from the fraud team, but if you haven't done so already, the police should also be informed: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ 

If the delivery is intercepted by the fraudsters it isn't your responsibility, as you've done what you should.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 2