cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fortress O2 ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received an inbound call from an unknown number +373 1111 1111 while roaming overseas, it was 25 minutes charged at £20.06.  All other inbound calls were OK but this one was most unusual.  

I called customer service and asked O2 for the caller details, or at least the affiliated network operator who submitted this apparently fraudulent charge.  When they advised this research would take a long time I simply asked for a temporary credit while the "network investigation" was completed.  It appears to be a fraudulent caller (or biller) from Russia or Moldova but the number doesn't answer.  Not sure if anybody else has seen this number come by.

The whole (somewhat trvial) matter has so far consumed over 2 hours on the phone with O2.  Their South African call centre has applied a set of well rehearsed tactics to avoid resolving the issue, such as ...

. refusal to apply a temporary credit credit, 

. hanging up mid call, 

. placing me on hold for 20 minutes or more at a time, 

. refusal to escalate the call to any manager, 

. asking me to alter direct debit payment arrangements (just for a month), 

. putting my O2 account on hold (and disconnecting) while they research the call details in the weeks ahead, 

. questioning my integrity and technical competence etc.  

O2 finally promised a manager with appropriate authority would call back within the hour but that now appears to be just another tactic to fob off the customer.  

My time (as for all consumers) has a cost, as does O2 staff, but this "game of opportunity-cost brinkmanship" is poor form.  One expects to invest a little extra time in any business relationship but this is totally skewed the wrong way and it appears to be done so with dubious, premeditated intent.

Unfortunately I have now invested so much time in this matter that I shall be claiming reasonable consequential costs at my charge out rates for any further delaying tactics.  I have advised customer service accordingly.

O2 ... If you are not OK with these revised business terms please fix such small matters quickly or publicly advise your alternative in writing on this blog.

Life is not this complex ... get with it and be reasonable.

Yours ... A completely disgruntled (and previously loyal) business customer of over 11 years !

PS: The CS online chat option repeatedly disconnects within the first minute.  

Perhaps requires some extra technical attention ...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous sorry to hear this. This is a customer to customer forum we can't access your account, call cs on 202 & hopefully you will get a better agent to help you or maybe the community coordinators @Toby @Anonymous @Marjo can help
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Surely you would know who you were talking to for 25 mins?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you ask who the caller was
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Actually this was a question I wanted to ask?

The OP is obviously very intelligent and articulate...so I wonder why they held on to the call for 25 minutes in the first place? This isn't a criticism...just a genuine query...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry to hear about all of this!

Feel free to send me a private message and we can see what can be done.

I'm Toby, the O2 community coordinator

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 10

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Just a thought: could it be that the OP wasn't talking to anyone for 25 mins? There was a charge for a 25 mins conversation, does not necessarily mean that the conversation took as long as that... 😕

Message 7 of 10

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@cyrillicguy  True, but it's not clear from the OP.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 10 of 10