cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot to back up contacts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just swapped sim from old phone(not an iPhone ) into an iPhone 4s - all contacts should be on sim but iPhone shows zero contacts ! Have I lost them?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hello and welcome to the community.

There are 2 options:

1. either your contacts were saved onto your previous phone rather than on to the sim;
  2. you haven't transfered them from your sim onto your new phone - go to settings>mail.contacts,calendars.import sim contacts.

I hope this helps slight_smile

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you use Gmail then your contacts should be in there so you can download them into the iPhone.

This may help too http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Tips-How-to-Transfer-Contacts-Apps-amp-Data-from-your-Old-Pho... and http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201196

Message 3 of 9

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

If the OP did option 1 (saved them to their old phone) then maybe if the OP still has their old phone then they could put the sim back into their old phone and transfer them to the sim.   slight_smile

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I know we are talking different phones here...but when I  was setting up my Note 3 ...(the sim was still in my S3 at the time and the contacts were on the sim)..MI5 told me to set up my Gmail account and sync contacts to that. I did and they transferred onto the Note 3 immediately. (Problem was when I eventually put the sim into the Note...they were duplicated Smiley Very Happy).... Not worried though as I am getting a new sim at the end of the month and will be good to go...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have them saved anywhere else? Normally with iPhones contacts are on the phone not on the sim
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Went into settings / import SIM contacts - then it said import sim contacts to account - Facebook or iCloud - no mention of import to phone
Message 7 of 9

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Went into settings / import SIM contacts - then it said import sim contacts to account - Facebook or iCloud - no mention of import to phone

If you have set up your iCloud account then I think you select iCloud account and it should transfer. 

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous were you able to solve it?

Message 9 of 9