cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Call charged to my account but I didn't make the call. Anybody else had this happen plz?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just had my monthly bill in and there is a call to Gibraltar on it that I did not make. Nobody else can access my phone, I have no connection to Gibraltar and no such number exists in call history. I know exactly where I was and what I was doing on the day the call is logged and I know I didn't call that number.

o2 are looking into it and it may take up to 5 working days. I'm concerned that this may happen again and that the calls may cost me hundreds of pounds so I've requested an international call ban until I get to the bottom of it.

Been with o2 for 15 years and never had this before.

Has anybody else had this happen to them please? I have not called back a missed call or replied to a suspicious text etc.

Thanks.

Victoria.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous have you had an update on this issue yet? I'm curious to find out what the cause was! wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2

Hi, not heard anything so I've just spent 30 mins on the phone to o2. They've told me nothing has been done and that they will fill out the report again and that I must ring back in 5 working days. I'm not overly impressed with this but there appears very little that I can do. I'm tied into an 11 month contract and in any event I know that o2 are the best for me as the coverage in a few isolated areas is brilliant. I often get random folks asking to use my mobile whilst in the highlands because other providers don't cover the area.

I'm not sure how to stop this happening again and o2 don't have any answers. I've put an international call ban on my phone to try and stop it but I would like to take this off at some point as my elderly parents live in France.

Message 12 of 35

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous

Phone back tomorrow to confirm the 2nd report has been raised.......don't trust them an inch !!!

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore

Thanks, I'll do that!

I hate to moan but it's really frustrating and a pity as their service is brilliant until you need to use their actual customer service. It counts for nothing but I've been with them (through various mergers) for 21 years because for me the coverage is great.

Message 14 of 35

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous

Unless you make yourself a nuisance, nobody in O2 will take ownership of your problem.

Message 15 of 35

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MercedesS

Please note :

"their service is brilliant until you need to use their actual customer service"

Says it all from a longstanding customer.

Message 16 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore

@Anonymous

I've just called back, the report has been carried out and a £10 refund has offered off my next bill. This is good considering the investigation hasn't taken place yet.

The best outcome I need is assurity that this won't happen again and that I am safe to take off the international call ban. The fraudulent call was only for £13.29 but my concern is that it could have been an awful lot higher so I'm pushing for it to not happen again.

I should not have upgraded my call plan at the same time as reporting the fraud. I would be in a lot stronger position if I was not in a contract. Lesson learnt!

Thanks for your help and I'll update this thread with the outcome.

Message 17 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Looking at the number again, +351 is Portugal and the remainder of the number places it in the Capital of Lisbon, not Gibraltar ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 35

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Looking at the number again, +351 is Portugal and the remainder of the number places it in the Capital of Lisbon, not Gibraltar ?

Which is what I said in Post 6

Message 19 of 35

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Ah yes, sorry, I just read the first post again on page 1 but I found the same link to Barclays Bank too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 35