cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Call charged to my account but I didn't make the call. Anybody else had this happen plz?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just had my monthly bill in and there is a call to Gibraltar on it that I did not make. Nobody else can access my phone, I have no connection to Gibraltar and no such number exists in call history. I know exactly where I was and what I was doing on the day the call is logged and I know I didn't call that number.

o2 are looking into it and it may take up to 5 working days. I'm concerned that this may happen again and that the calls may cost me hundreds of pounds so I've requested an international call ban until I get to the bottom of it.

Been with o2 for 15 years and never had this before.

Has anybody else had this happen to them please? I have not called back a missed call or replied to a suspicious text etc.

Thanks.

Victoria.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I would advise as well changing your password for TUGO.

You could also possibly deactivating the service, then reactivating it a few days later.  It then resets up back as a new account. just an idea then you know no one else will have access to it.

I've neverheard  did the issue but sounds really strange to me. 

And the the number is associate to a company called Bankinter. Which purchased Barclays retail business in Portugal on 1st April 2016.

also Bankinter is a Spanish Bank with head office in Madrid but has a Portuguese Branch as well.

IMG_0269.PNG

https://www.bankinter.com/banca/inicio

Hope the above helps.

thanks

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 31 of 35

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@darrengf

The strange thing is that the number is the Barclays telephone banking number for the bank in Portugal and @Anonymous does actually bank with Barclays in Scotland......that is the weird coincidence.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 32 of 35

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous

Just another thought....are you registered for Barclays telephone banking service with your mobile phone ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 33 of 35

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Yes it def doesn't make sense.

have you got anything in Portugal or got property there etc.

Barclays sold it all and that number is now to Register for online banking in Portugal to Bankinter.

something doesn't make sense.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 34 of 35

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

To be honest, this one is not easy (as you can see by a number of different ideas of possible solutions shared here). We cannot only advise calling CS because they are the only ones able to check your "personal details". 

However, if we have sent you a Private Message (PM) to get more information just in case there's something else we can do to help you out. Wave

Next time, If you have any issues, suggestions or questions, don't hesitate to PM myself or my team anytime! thumbsup

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 35 of 35