Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

First time upgrading!

So, my upgrade is due soon and this is the first contract i've had and was wondering if I'm right in thinking that i have to pay for a new phone? I would like to get the iphone4, but would i have to pay the deposit? thanks for any help
Highlighted
Topics: 23
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Re: First time upgrading!

I wouldn't think you would have to pay a deposit to renew a contract as you are already a trusted customer. Unless you haven't paid the bills on time then they may ask.
However, if you renew and stick to the same tariff then you may be asked to pay towards the handset cost. It does depend on what tariff you take up to the price of the handset. Give CS retentions a call and see what they offer.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks i will! I've got a iphone on 24 month contract at £35 a month. So would i just transfer the current contract to the new phone? i dunno?! such a girl!
Highlighted

Technically you don't transfer contracts. What happens is either you stick to your current tarriff and upgrade or you sign up to new set of T&C's. I'd check the new tariff benefits against your current contract and see if it is worth changing tariffs at renewal. A lot has changed since you signed up!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Technically you don't transfer contracts. What happens is either you stick to your current tarriff and upgrade or you sign up to new set of T&C's. I'd check the new tariff benefits against your current contract and see if it is worth changing tariffs at renewal. A lot has changed since you signed up!

Sadly sheepdog, things have changed. O2 no longer allows you to upgrade on your existing tariff, you must choose a new one if you renew and get a phone, you can only keep your existing deal if you do nothing. : Smiley Sad
Highlighted

So the word of advice is now: do nothing and pay for the "benefits" you have and no phone OR new phone, new t&c's and possible loss of "benefits". My goodness, its almost like a proper condition of contract being enforced Smiley Very Happy