cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First contract of my own... do I need to change number?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I've been an o2 customer for a number of years now, but it's always been my mum paying the bill as I was either unemployed or in uni (God bless her!) Now the phone has been paid off and I'm in a decent job, I bought myself a new phone today on a 24 month contract. I've put the new SIM card in as instructed, and it seems I've been given a new phone number. Is there any way I can keep my old number or do I just have to bite the bullet and go through all the "new phone who this?" hassle? Any help would be much appreciated!
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ask your mum to call customer service on 202 and give authority to transfer your number to your account.
You need to be on the call too to accept the transfer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ask your mum to call customer service on 202 and give authority to transfer your number to your account.
You need to be on the call too to accept the transfer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your best option is to call 202 and they will transfer the number for you. This should also close that account and produce a final bill. 

Message 3 of 4

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Congratulations on your first contract @Anonymous laughing Let us know if you have any issues getting your out transferred to your new account. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4