cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First bill help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I've just joined O2 on the 1st, whilst setting up my phone I asked the woman when would my first bill be expected to be paid and she said in about 30 days. Now I have finally been able to sort out an O2 account and in exploring the app I have come across section that says my first bill we be produced on the 4th and be expected to be paid on the 18th. Why is this different to what the woman told me?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

The difference in dates is because your bill will be generated on the 4th but payment wont be taken till 14 days later on the 18th.

Your first bill may be higher than you're expecting because it will be pro-rated. This means you'll be charged for one month's line rental as well as the first few days where they are setting up your account.

Here is an O2 article avout your first bill which explains more

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/bills-and-payment/first-bill

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

The difference in dates is because your bill will be generated on the 4th but payment wont be taken till 14 days later on the 18th.

Your first bill may be higher than you're expecting because it will be pro-rated. This means you'll be charged for one month's line rental as well as the first few days where they are setting up your account.

Here is an O2 article avout your first bill which explains more

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/bills-and-payment/first-bill

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's different because the lady didn't point out that you pay monthly in advance, which is why your first bill is generated 2-3 days after receipt of the phone.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's pro rata so your first month you will only get a certain amount of allowances then you will receive your full allowances on the next month

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You were told incorrectly - no surprise these days really !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5