Did you mean: 

First bill after upgrade

tatthemat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello I am just a little bit confused about when my first bill would be 

I recently paid of my phone contract 2 days ago and just upgraded to a new phone and was just wondering when my first bill would be. Is it the same day as my last one or would I need to pay the bill in advanced

Thank you   

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave_Gra
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi mate @MI5 is correct on this - your first bill may be a little more due to a prorate charge - if your billing date was 21st and you took phone out 23rd x was 20 and y was 22 then you will pay prorate of 2x28 days = £56 more. However that just an example your bill was more than likely generated 14 days ago and will be generated next month around the same time so its likely you will pay around 14-16 days difference on the price. First bills are always higher

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account). Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149048 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28464 Solutions

@tatthemat 

Your billing date stays the same. The first one is pro rata your old and new contracts.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Dave_Gra
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 16 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi mate @MI5 is correct on this - your first bill may be a little more due to a prorate charge - if your billing date was 21st and you took phone out 23rd x was 20 and y was 22 then you will pay prorate of 2x28 days = £56 more. However that just an example your bill was more than likely generated 14 days ago and will be generated next month around the same time so its likely you will pay around 14-16 days difference on the price. First bills are always higher

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account). Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here.
Message 3 of 3