Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill wrong

redmoonbeam
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I was an O2 pay monthly customer and have just left for Vodafone.  My PAC code was activated on the 5th February and therefore that was the last day with O2.   I was expecting my final bill for O2 to be for the 1st-5th Feb period.  However on my February 1st bill (which has just come out of by bank on the 15th feb) it says for 1st Feb - 28th Feb and I was being charge the full monthly amount.  

I just phoned up O2 customer service to query this and was told that whilst it was my final bill that it was actually for the period of January and not February.  I find this very odd since it actually says on the bill 1st Feb -28th Feb.  I got the impression I was being fobbed off by the call centre unfortunately.  

Surely the bill period listed on the bill is what you're paying for?  Therefore I should just be paying for the 6 days worth at the beginning of the month and not for the whole of February.  

Any help explaining would be much appreciated

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @redmoonbeam you are required to give 30 days notice so if you choose to port out before the 30 days has passed, you will be charged the full month. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @redmoonbeam you are required to give 30 days notice so if you choose to port out before the 30 days has passed, you will be charged the full month. 

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unless you gave prior notice, then your 30 days end of contract notice that you are required to give would start from the 5th Feb.

Message 3 of 7

redmoonbeam
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was out of my 24 month contract.  That finished on the 31st January. I had specifically asked O2 before if I needed to give any notice after 31st January and was told not

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sadly you were misinformed. Whether you are out of contract or not, you must give 30 days notice.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
See the T&C's I posted for proof, mind you, if it was the same person who told you it was January's bill you got, it's no surprise they got it wrong.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will have been on a 30 day rolling contract which means you can cancel at anytime but still required to give notice

Message 7 of 7