Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Final Bill

I ported out of O2 on 11th February. My normal bill date was always the 13th of the month so on February 13th my bill was available online.
The charges for line rental are only up to the end of my contract which was 13th January so that is fine. There should be no call charges outstanding.
Will this be my final bill from O2 or would I expect an actual final bill stating that it is a final bill?
Anonymous

Re: Final Bill

It is still January, could you clarify your question please?
What date did you port and what dates and charges are on the bill?
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Either way, once you receive a zero bill then cancel the direct debit as that is the final bill.
Anonymous

It is still January, could you clarify your question please?
What date did you port and what dates and charges are on the bill?

Sorry - I'm a month ahead of myself!
Contract renewal date was 14th January - port was completed on 11th January.
I have been billed from 11th - 14th January with a credit for 12th January ( I would have expected the credit to be for 14th January but it works out the same). Charges are for tariff, calls, texts and data - although in reality it was only tariff as the rest came out of my inclusive allowance.
Bill was for £2.33. DD should be taken in a couple of days for that bill.
Basically I was just wondering if I should expect a final bill within 14 days of leaving and that's me finished?
Anonymous

Either way, once you receive a zero bill then cancel the direct debit as that is the final bill.

OK - so there will be another bill then.
Anonymous

You should get a final bill with a zero balance after this one is paid. The credit is for the unused tariff charge from your previous bill as you'd been billed up to the 12th on that one but the line closed the day before
Anonymous

You should get a final bill with a zero balance after this one is paid. The credit is for the unused tariff charge from your previous bill as you'd been billed up to the 12th on that one but the line closed the day before

December's bill was from 13th December to 12th January.
January's bill was from 11th January to 14th January - credit was for 12th January.
As I have already paid for 11th January on previous bill should I not have been credited for both 11th and 12th January?
Anonymous

No, because the phone worked for part of that day.
Anonymous

No, because the phone worked for part of that day.

I know it did - not disputing that.
However I had already paid for the 11th on the previous bill (December) and have been charged again in this month's bill ( January)
Anonymous

Ah right, can you post the exact charges you have? Inc dates. The tariff charge for that period should be a minus figure, ie -£1.72, or similar. The billing system is usually quite solid so it sounds odd ifI you were charged twice.
Edit, are you sure the bill is not -£2.33? This is what I would expect to see if there are no other charges.