cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill not supplied. A/c no longer visible on My O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ceased one of my accounts at the end of contract. No problem with that. 

Sadly, at that point I lost access to all historical billing info on My O2 and could not even see a Final Account. Call me old fashioned, but I like to have a record that my account is fully paid up. (it saves later confusion!)

Online chat promised me a paper copy with a few days. It never happened and it's now weeks down the line.

I'm pretty sure this is irregular and something that OfCom would look at. Surely being given a statement of account is a basic requirement?

If it's happening to me then maybe it's common?

Anyone else had the same experience? If so - how did you resolve it? An email to the complaints review team has (so far) not even had an acknowledgement.

Any observations welcomed.

Message 1 of 29
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 @jonsie @Tsidkenu1es

Thank you all for your interest! I have now received a paper final bill from the "Complaints Review Team." Ironically labelled "Copy Bill" although of course, I never saw an original LOL!

So - armed with a zero balance grin , I will finally take my leave of O2 having been a customer since the days of BT. This and the TU Go fiasco means I'll stick with EE now, with whom I've so far had no issues at all.

So I bid you farewell and wish you all good fortune,

Kindest Regards

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I think you need to call them. Once an account is closed you lose access in my o2. They can supply your final bill and it will hopefully show zero  balance. Unfortunately we are all customers with no access to your account details

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 29

Tsidkenu1es
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 79 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello Wave @Anonymous Thank you for your post...! it is interesting to know why they behaive this manner... but personally, keeping a coppy of ones personal records on the PC it's very important, and you always are step ahead...smiling

One Family * One Community * One Love * One Purpose
*************** UNITED ONE WORLD ***************
***** LOVE***********PEACE************JOY*******
* The Future Is In Our Hearts Our Minds And Our Souls *
Message 3 of 29

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 4 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie Thanks for the superquick response! +1

I've just prodded the Customer Review Team and now have an acknowledgement! Progress!

I'm pretty sure I'm ok with a clear account. The online chat promised me a (tiny) refund and I DID receive that by bank credit, but not the paper bill.

My Experian Credit Report now also shows the account as closed, so maybe I'm being a bit OTT. However, I accidentally fell foul of O2 putting me into default many years ago (in similar circumstances) and I don't want to have the hassle of resolving that again. 

Hence I'd like to see a zero final bill. 

Message 5 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

O2 are notorious for that so no,you aren't paranoid at all. Keep checking but O2 are legally responsible for providing you with a final bill.

Message 6 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

at that point I lost access to all historical billing info on My O2

/

Not sure why O2 do that, both EE and Voda give historical access even after account is closed. I guess it's cos 02 billing is archaic and rather than updating they are chopping functionality to the point that bills as we know them will cease to be.

Online chat promised me a paper copy with a few days. It never happened and it's now weeks down the line. I'm pretty sure this is irregular and something that OfCom would look at. Surely being given a statement of account is a basic requirement?

I doubt that ofcom would care, O2 no doubt issued some kind of final bill - wether you received one or not is less of an issue. The only invoices or bill that hold any kind of legal weight are VAT invoices which O2 are trying to get rid off and ones in dispute, and then only if they are actually disputed. You'd certainly have to go through full dispute resolution with O2 first and assuming the final reconing was correct show how not having the final bill effected you detrimentally, which might be a challenge. Clearly if it was incorrect then you'd have much more of a case..but mental anguish of not knowing isn't really going to cut it.

Message 7 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tsidkenu1es Absolutely agree! My Cloud stoage is full of that sort of material. Naively, I didn't expect O2 to pull access quite so fast. Others be aware!

The only bit of info I really need to have now is my Final O2 Bill.

That was NEVER presented online nor (so far) on paper.  

Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous should have received an email stating bill and balance?

That would have been good enough. Sadly never happened.

Message 9 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

It probably went to an old email address or an old home address or was printed but not sent out...

Message 10 of 29