cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill not supplied. A/c no longer visible on My O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ceased one of my accounts at the end of contract. No problem with that. 

Sadly, at that point I lost access to all historical billing info on My O2 and could not even see a Final Account. Call me old fashioned, but I like to have a record that my account is fully paid up. (it saves later confusion!)

Online chat promised me a paper copy with a few days. It never happened and it's now weeks down the line.

I'm pretty sure this is irregular and something that OfCom would look at. Surely being given a statement of account is a basic requirement?

If it's happening to me then maybe it's common?

Anyone else had the same experience? If so - how did you resolve it? An email to the complaints review team has (so far) not even had an acknowledgement.

Any observations welcomed.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubt that ofcom would care, O2 no doubt issued some kind of final bill - wether you received one or not is less of an issue. .............. You'd certainly have to go through full dispute resolution with O2 first ..........and show how not having the final bill effected you detrimentally........ mental anguish of not knowing isn't really going to cut it.

Thank you for those observations. All valid and useful. I recognise the whole scenario and it brings back painful memories of the trauma resolving being thrown into default by O2, historically.

On that occasion, I discovered months later that I owed them a final payment which they hadn't collected by a still active DD. When I told CS and tried to pay, they put me straight into default. Happy Days!

Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It probably went to an old email address or an old home address or was printed but not sent out...

Embarrassingly, I'm pretty retentive about keeping contact details up-to-date so that is unlikely. As for O2 actions . . . . . . . .who knows?

Message 12 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
The emails don't show your bill amount or balance in them so makes no difference where, when or if it was received. Neither does your my O2 show a zero balance anymore. You usually do though, have access for a short period of time to your MyO2, and mine still shows a disconnected contract that was closed some 2 years ago. Incidentally, the balance on that account still shows the final bill amount, even though it is definitely closed.
I don't know how or if you can even get what you want but certainly the only way, is to request it from customer services, however, you should be calling them and not entrusting this to live chat at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
yiu 
@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It probably went to an old email address or an old home address or was printed but not sent out...

Embarrassingly, I'm pretty retentive about keeping contact details up-to-date so that is unlikely. As for O2 actions . . . . . . . .who knows?

I'm sure you do @Anonymous@ I'm also sure O2 don't, they are still sending payment receipt emails out to people's @o2.co.uk email addresses, when O2 themselves closed the email service down -it's not so much the left hand not knowing, more the index finger not knowing what it's own fingernail is doing.

Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
.........You usually do though, have access for a short period of time to your MyO2, and mine still shows a disconnected contract that was closed some 2 years ago. .............

Yes. As others have commented, it seems the O2 systems are (more than) a bit shaky. Another closed account is still fully visible on the same My O2 login. That was closed during the TuGo fiasco some time ago and Executive Complaints took a hand to resolve that issue. So maybe visibilty is a bit variable depending on O2 input?

Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
 Neither does your my O2 show a zero balance anymore. ..........

Supplementary - Your remark prompted me to check my old account and yes, it is still visible and it does show a zero balance! Perhaps Executive Complaints have SuperPowers! LOL!

Message 16 of 29

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sounds like it depends who and how the account is closed then as you say, which in all honesty, is no surprise.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 @jonsie @Tsidkenu1es

Thank you all for your interest! I have now received a paper final bill from the "Complaints Review Team." Ironically labelled "Copy Bill" although of course, I never saw an original LOL!

So - armed with a zero balance grin , I will finally take my leave of O2 having been a customer since the days of BT. This and the TU Go fiasco means I'll stick with EE now, with whom I've so far had no issues at all.

So I bid you farewell and wish you all good fortune,

Kindest Regards

Message 18 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Best of luck @Anonymous Sorry to lose you, though you have to go with the network which gives you the best service wink However if their forum isn't as good as ours then pop back and ask your questions here.

We have plenty of non O2 customers who do just that...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 29

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Good luck with EE @Anonymous, I've had no issues with them since porting a number 8 months ago.

Message 20 of 29