on 22-09-2009 12:31
My current contract ends in Dec. I am wanting to start a completely new contract in a week or so which has more mins and more txts. Theres a few things im unsure of....
1) If im ending my current contract early I think I will have to pay the remaining months of my contract which should be just Nov?
2) Will I be able to transfer my current number to my new sim card? (even if its after iv cancelled my old contract?)
3) The current contract im on was set up online, can this be cancelled in store or will I have to ring up to cancel it before I start my new contract?
on 22-09-2009 13:05
1) i think that's right, though if you're with o2 already they may be able to work something out as you're near the end of your contract - i know they say that you can upgrade the new phone before the contract ends. But if not you may have to watch the bill because it comes etrospectively - i.e. you're charged in december for november's bill..
2) Yes just ring them when you get the card - they ask for the number on it and after a period of time your old one stops working and the new one starts (with your number). I've just done it. However if you are not with o2 yet you need to get the PAC from your provider first.
3) You should be able to cancell in store, but it depends which store - I had a problem last time i upgraded as I went to the carphone warehouse and got a new phone and contract (my old one was past the minimum time) but despite their promises o2 didn't recognise that i'd switched and they tried to charge me for both! When I rang o2 the guy on the line said 'who? the car what? i've never heard of them' which was laughable really. So i'd advise you to phone 02 anyway to be sure, on all of the above. Saying that, my recent upgrade took ages because i kept ringing up top cancel and this wasn't put on the system....so be prepared to be a bit persistent.
on 22-09-2009 14:45
on 22-09-2009 15:40
You could have 2 contracts and cancel the old one in December, but you'd have to wait to transfer your number.
If you are allowed to pay off your contract, you should be able to move your number quickly to the new contract.
I would say it's best to call o2 to arrange all this, rather than go to a store.