cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an iphone 5 in January from a online shop called buymobilephones.net with an o2 contract. after 5 months the phone broke, i took it to apple and it turns out the phone i brought as new wasnt a new phone it was a refurbished phone registered to a man in china. i sent the phone back over a month ago and the company just dont seem to care.Ive contacted o2 multiple times aswell to see if they can help but i havent got anywhere yet. what shall i do?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an iphone 5 in January from a online shop called buymobilephones.net with an o2 contract. after 5 months the phone broke, i took it to apple and it turns out the phone i brought as new wasnt a new phone it was a refurbished phone registered to a man in china. i sent the phone back over a month ago and the company just dont seem to care.Ive contacted o2 multiple times aswell to see if they can help but i havent got anywhere yet. what shall i do?

Hi,

Im sorry to hear of the issues your currently encountering.

Whats the current issue with the iPhone as we may be able to assist !

02 will not get invloved as the handset was not purchased through them as your just using their Network Services.

What did Apple say to you regarding the warranty on the iPhone ?

As the phone was not purchased within the Uk im guessing they will stick to that.

This link may help in connection to your rights  http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54

If you have exhausted the communication avenues with this company including sending snail mail by registered post, then maybe its worth visiting your local Citizens Advice to see where you stand. Take all your documentation plus receipts.

Another option is the small claims courts which does carry a processing fee, but be aware even if your claim is upheld this does not guarantee reimbursement or another phone.

How did you pay for the iPhone 5 ?

If by paypal then raise a dispute NOW.

If by Credit Card then lodge a complaint NOW with the card company.

If you paid by cash, postal order or cheque then you dont have this type of support im afraid.

Have you had confirmation by the company that the iPhone 5 has been received ?

It does sound your in for a long haul and really also depends on your own resolve.

Hope all goes well.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Im sorry to hear of the issues your currently encountering.

Whats the current issue with the iPhone as we may be able to assist !

02 will not get invloved as the handset was not purchased through them as your just using their Network Services.

What did Apple say to you regarding the warranty on the iPhone ?

As the phone was not purchased within the Uk im guessing they will stick to that.

This link may help in connection to your rights  http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54

If you have exhausted the communication avenues with this company including sending snail mail by registered post, then maybe its worth visiting your local Citizens Advice to see where you stand. Take all your documentation plus receipts.

Another option is the small claims courts which does carry a processing fee, but be aware even if your claim is upheld this does not guarantee reimbursement or another phone.

How did you pay for the iPhone 5 ?

If by paypal then raise a dispute NOW.

If by Credit Card then lodge a complaint NOW with the card company.

If you paid by cash, postal order or cheque then you dont have this type of support im afraid.

Have you had confirmation by the company that the iPhone 5 has been received ?

It does sound your in for a long haul and really also depends on your own resolve.

Hope all goes well.

Message 2 of 2