Did you mean: 

Faulty Phone

Jules_20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey there,

I am on a contract phone, with insurance, since thursday night, I have not been able to use my phone at all, I cant make out anything on the screen, its like its white washed, I cant make phone calls ( to phone custoemr services) , I have in store, to help at all, I have tried the fix my phone thing, in which it says call us, this is my last hope, without a mobile, useable, I cant do much such as banking, or work.
Kind regards

Jules

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Jules_20 

You need to contact O2 to go through insurance.

All info here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-insurance (there is a claim form in the link.

Call O2 using any numbers in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Also, press Fraud or Lost and Stolen if given that option.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Jules_20 

You need to contact O2 to go through insurance.

All info here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-insurance (there is a claim form in the link.

Call O2 using any numbers in this guide

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.

Also, press Fraud or Lost and Stolen if given that option.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi there @Jules_20 , welcome to our community! Sorry to hear about your phone. 😞 Did you manage to get things sorted with Insurance since you last posted? It would be great to hear back from you to know if everything turned out fine or if you need any further information. slight_smile

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Jules_20 You would only be looking to claim off the insurance if you have dropped the phone or got it wet to damage it.

If the phone has just gone faulty by itself, you would need to get it repaired under warranty.

Warranty repairs are free but you would have to pay an excess on your insurance.

So, just make sure you follow the best route for your situation as it may cost you unnecessarily.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Jules_20
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey all, thank you so much for all your help, unfortuntely, I dropped the phone, it has a small ish crack in it, its not covered under the insurance, according to them , the insurance ran out, and due to the fact it was through the carphone warehouse, and that offer no longer stands, and they no longer repair the honor 10 lite phones, I have to get it repaired myself, or get a new one, I have 1 year left on my contract, and I use my phone quiet heavily in both my jobs ( pizza chef , software developer). I dont have a spare phone, as I moved last year.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Sorry to hear that @Jules_20 

It may be cheaper for you to pay off your contract and upgrade early? 

Just a thought......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Jules_20
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

nar mate, 160 to pay off early and upgrade,

I will be getting a cheap phone, until the contract runs out, then changing networks, as they lost my trust completely ( nothing against you guys )

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Fair enough mate, best of luck.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8