Faulty Phone

paul_p_1987
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afternoon.

Looking for advice please.

I purchased my phone (Huawei P Smart 2019) online from o2 on 30/03/2019 but already have an issue with the phone where there is 2x black lines down the complete length of the screen and touch on the screen seems to operate itself (constantly pressing icons without touching the actual screen) Both these things happened overnight last night when a software update also happened.

Please advise on my next move, do I need to take the phone into one of your local stores as the phone is less than 12 months old.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@paul_p_1987 

You have a 2 year warranty and you can choose to either call customer services to arrange a repair Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

or contact Huawei directly.

We would usually recommend going directly to the manufacturer https://www.huawei.com/uk/contact-us

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@paul_p_1987 

You have a 2 year warranty and you can choose to either call customer services to arrange a repair Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

or contact Huawei directly.

We would usually recommend going directly to the manufacturer https://www.huawei.com/uk/contact-us

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@paul_p_1987 If you do a search within the community you will find that O2 Repairs has a less than stellar reputation. You're much more likely to get a positive result for your issue if you deal directly with Huawei.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3