Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Plan

Baz
Level 4: Observant
  • 74 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Tried to Add a new line on to our family plan discount via the text number only for it to text back that the number has already got a discount on it  (which it has not )  It just made me wonder if it is an automated system or if when you text back it goes to a department for them to action , I take it i will just have to call up or do it via live chat to correct this issue 

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Baz 

It's an automated system so best to call rather than chat.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Baz 

It's an automated system so best to call rather than chat.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Check help here yoo @Baz 

How do I get Family Plan discounts?

If you’re already an O2 customer, you might be able to register for Family Plan discounts using our SMS service.  You’ll need to have a lead connection, and at least one additional connection, on an eligible O2 Refresh or sim only tariff. To get the discount, you’ll need to register each additional connection within 28 days of getting them.  Check our eligibility terms. If you’re on an eligible tariff, text LOYALTY to 21500 and follow the instructions to register from your phone. We’ll text you confirmation once the discount has been added.

You can add 20 eligible connections to your Family Plan - we’ll ask you for the mobile numbers you want to add.  Make sure you include all numbers registered to your billing account, so we can give you the right discount.

https://www.o2.co.uk/family

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

Baz
  • 74 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Check help here yoo @Baz 

How do I get Family Plan discounts?

If you’re already an O2 customer, you might be able to register for Family Plan discounts using our SMS service.  You’ll need to have a lead connection, and at least one additional connection, on an eligible O2 Refresh or sim only tariff. To get the discount, you’ll need to register each additional connection within 28 days of getting them.  Check our eligibility terms. If you’re on an eligible tariff, text LOYALTY to 21500 and follow the instructions to register from your phone. We’ll text you confirmation once the discount has been added.

You can add 20 eligible connections to your Family Plan - we’ll ask you for the mobile numbers you want to add.  Make sure you include all numbers registered to your billing account, so we can give you the right discount.

https://www.o2.co.uk/family

That's what I've already done but it comes back that the number already has a discount on so it can't be added to the family plan 

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Baz 

It may be that you already have a discount on that number. A discounted tariff for example?

You can only have one discount per number but customer services will confirm it for you.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Baz
  • 74 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I can't see anything on it 

20**Personal info** (1).png20**Personal info** (1).png

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Looks OK to me too @Baz but it could be the spend cap causing issues (has been known) so call 202 to get it checked.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Baz did you get a chance to speak to customer services about this one? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 11

Baz
  • 74 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Hey @Baz did you get a chance to speak to customer services about this one? 

Hi @Martin-O2  I spoke to somebody and after going over it for 10mins I have to give it 24 to 48 hrs if it still not on I have to call back 

Message 9 of 11

Baz
  • 74 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Yeah It's gone on today @Martin-O2
Message 10 of 11