Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Discount on Wrong Account

JAY81UK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I signed up to a SIM only plan, then my wife did.

I text LOYALTY to 21500 and had a reply to say it has to be done from the lead account and not mine?! I did this from my wife's account and she had a reply to say the discount I currently have is better so no changes have been made...

Basically, the discount is on my account but I want it on my wifes! Is there a way to change it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As I said on your other thread, it should not matter which phone as long as you list both the phone numbers in the text, the system will sort it out, however, in your case, I would suggest you do it by calling 202 so an advisor can apply it manually to one of the accounts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35932 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Sounds like a call to Customer Services is in order, try between 8 an 8:30am for best chance of getting through to someone who can help.

Numbers here:

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You don't get a discount on the first account.
It's only applied to the second account and onwards.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/O2-Open-amp-Friends-and-Family-discounts-How-to-sign-up/...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 10

JAY81UK
  • 19 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know you only get discounts on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on, however I didn't want my account to be the one discounted. I wanted it to go against my wifes.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just send both numbers on the text from your phone and they will apply the discount to the eligible tariff automatically.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @JAY81UK, and welcome to the forum slight_smile I just wanted to check if everything went well with this in the end?

Thanks @pgn and @MI5 for your helpful advice slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 10

JAY81UK
  • 19 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I took out a SIMO plan, and then my wife did the same.

Which one of us texts LOYALTY to the number? We did this a few weeks ago and the discount ended up being on my account, so I asked for all discounts to be removed so we could start again as I want it on my wifes account.

How we did it last time was that I text it from my phone, however they replied and said I wasn't the lead number? I don't know why - my O2 account was set up first.

We then did it from my wifes and she had a reply to say "the discount hasn't been applied as another discount is of the same or greater value" and the discount was applied to my account?!

Just need some guideance please? Thanks.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
As I said on your other thread, it should not matter which phone as long as you list both the phone numbers in the text, the system will sort it out, however, in your case, I would suggest you do it by calling 202 so an advisor can apply it manually to one of the accounts.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @JAY81UK, do let us know how you get on with this, have you made any progress? slight_smile

Message 9 of 10

JAY81UK
  • 19 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No. They say as my wife's account was set up first (5 mins before mine!) They can only apply the discount to my account and not my wife's instead of mine.
Message 10 of 10