cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake subscription to TapToFun charging £4.50 a week

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been subscribed, without my knowledge or consent, to a montlhy fee via my O2 bill for a games service I didn't receive or ask for.  

Has anyone else had this?  

If you try to unsubscribe you get charged £5.00 a text to STOP to a premium rate number, then you get subscuirbed again.

Because its a third party provider O2 dont stop them or cant do anything about it.

I called o2 on 15/09/16 to block it and they haven't until today, I really hope thye have blocked it and I hope I havent been re-subscribed.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

These scams are easy for people to get involved in @Anonymous Clicking a link on FB is all it takesw

A very interesting help link to read here about the action you should take http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-scam-What/m-p/968023/highlight/true#M112290

There is a link to phonepayplus in it..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to check the short code number from which the texts are coming from. 

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk

You will find a contact number so you can ask them to remove your number and refund the charges. To be fair to O2 it is your responsibility to sort this out and other than a complete block on all these services (some people actually subscribe intentionally) there is little they can do. 

Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

These scams are easy for people to get involved in @Anonymous Clicking a link on FB is all it takesw

A very interesting help link to read here about the action you should take http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-scam-What/m-p/968023/highlight/true#M112290

There is a link to phonepayplus in it..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Search the forum for advice. There's lots on here.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

joker84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been subscribed, just like you, without my consent. This "company" is called Ferdamia Investments and they charge me 4,50 every week and I'm not able to cancel it.

So basically it seems that i have to pay extra 18GBP every month for the next 14 months and then leave O2. Lebara or Lyca is a good option.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@joker84 wrote:

I've been subscribed, just like you, without my consent. This "company" is called Ferdamia Investments and they charge me 4,50 every week and I'm not able to cancel it.

So basically it seems that i have to pay extra 18GBP every month for the next 14 months and then leave O2. Lebara or Lyca is a good option.

Have you followed the advice posted?

If all else fails you can change your number, but certainly don't take it with you if you move networks as the charges will follow you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

joker84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, i'm going to visit local O2 store and see if they can help me. if not i'll change my number wink but that sucks when someone literally steals your money in the broad daylight rage

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yep, this whole premium rate text business is a farce!

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

And the networks could so easily avoid it by introducing 2 step verification. It does make you wonder why they are loathe to do this? Do they indeed get a good boost to profits from this.....? 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As we've been asking for, so one can only assume they all make money off them !

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10