Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Credit Check

Rusty313
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I’m trying to buy an Apple Watch to go with my o2 sim. And I’m declined the credit. I’m actually with Equifax and my credit rating is classed as excellent. 

I spoke to credit referrals who filled out the form to get it reviewed and all I got back the same day was a generic email explaining the main reason was down to not meeting o2 business policies.

how am I supposed to get my Apple Watch when I just get failed even with an excellent credit rating from the company o2 uses to check my credit rating?

I had the same issue when I tried earlier in January. 

Can credit referrals actually do anything or does everyone get the same generic email in this case? All I want someone to do is actually look into it properly rather than a auto response 5 mins after the form gets filled out over the phone.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Rusty313 

You can try to buy from Apple directly on credit.

If O2 are declining you then that's likely to change anytime soon.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Rusty313
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The annoying thing is. I only left my previous provider to get the Apple Watch as it wasn’t cellular compatible with my previous provider.

Incredibly frustrating that when it’s less than £20 a month and I’ve never failed a payment in my life and it would seem has nothing to do with my credit score.

I was told by three different people it’s likely to be removed once the form is filled out. It only likely came up as you took the sim deal out at the same time. But all I’ve got is a generic response.

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

To be honest @Rusty313, Apple is the ONLY place to refuse me credit and I think their system is poor. It took them 15 seconds to refuse me and I think the key word for them was I'm RETIRED.

They had no interest in my true financial standing. The joke was, after being refused credit, I then bought the phone outright for nearly £1200.

Ridiculous to make a decision in 15 seconds when I am probably more financially secure than many people I know.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

Rusty313
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im considering just requesting my PAC code from o2 and going back to my previous provider. I’ve not even been with them 30 days either, just ridiculous.

I can get the same watch with my previous provider no problems at all, just didn’t want to as I wanted the cellular element. I may wait 30 days before trying again as im convinced it’s because I took the SIM deal out in January too, but I can’t wait the 30 days and be refused again that would just be ridiculous

Message 5 of 5