cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FED UP!!!! WHEN WILL NETWORK BE FIXED

Anonymous
Not applicable
7.22pm Friday night..still can't make or receive calls or texts since 3/4pm Like everyone on here I've wasted 2 hours with call settings, buying PAYG sim etc. Friday night plans F-upped..can't call my friends and they cant call me. They're happy, we really care about our customers ads are a complete joke..All they care about is getting in new business. My minutes and Data have gone down while my tariff has gone up and up. I've been with O2 for over 6 years. I've paid them over £7,000 in bills and they could'nt give a monkeys 😞 This last year their customer service has gone to the dogs. They don't care about their existing customers. £5 compensation for August 2 days no network??? What an insult. I used to be a Platinum customer with loads of extra benefits, but they got rid of these tiers without even telling their customers. Fine if you're on one of the lower tiers..not fine if you get to Platinum because your bills are ridiculously high!! COMPLAIN PEOPLE..AND SWITCH TO ANOTHER NETWORK WHEN YOU CAN The Inquirer (http://s.tt/1pTgf)
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Sarah, I can completely understand your frustration and the issue is being worked on and resolved presently. Please keep posted on the below thread for information. Thanks for your patience.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Call-and-text-difficulties-issue-12-10-2012/m-p/...
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed. The data restrictions are ridiculous now; moving to Giffgaff as soon as my contract ends.
Message 2 of 7

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Sarah, I can completely understand your frustration and the issue is being worked on and resolved presently. Please keep posted on the below thread for information. Thanks for your patience.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Call-and-text-difficulties-issue-12-10-2012/m-p/...
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

agree with that...why is always o2. I am fed up with this....Can't make any calls since ages

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine is still off. Tried switching to 2G and nothing, this is my first weekend of a new job on call! I have now probably missed emergency calls leaving vunerable and elderly people without a home visit PLUS the money for those calls that I shall miss and I wont get paid to be on stand by if no one can get in contact, what a bloody farce.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

same here so had enough of o2, so as contract ends in jan will be moving even when i have network my 3g doesnt work most of the time

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the first outage 3 months ago my phones reception, connectivity / data has not been the same. The problem is that I have to physically restart my phone to get it working again because without warning the phone just stops receiving calls and texts even though it says I have full reception and it shows the 3G symbol.

I took my phone to the o2 store and they checked my phone and confirmed that I had no physical issues on my phone and they went through my settings and did a few tests and the answer they came back with was that I need to turn my 3G off and use 2G network. (That’s not a fix just a work around) Anyway it’s great to know the staff in the o2 store are just as “intelligent” as customer support over the phone.

Funny thing is that the store manager told me that he has had so many o2 customers come into the store to complain and there is nothing he can do for them but offer them the o2 solution by switching the 3G off with in settings.

So as any frustrated customer I call o2 customer service to try figure out what the problem is. o2 run through a few checks and confirm there is no network issues and that its my phone that the problem. I explained that I took my phone to the o2 store and one of their intelligent staff members assessed my phone and confirmed that there nothing is wrong with it and that they have had several hundred customers complain about the same issue, also that the stores fix was to turn of 3G.

Disregarding a single thing I just said the support representative continued as if she were a robot programed to only say one thing “we have checked the network and there is no issue  at the moment it must be your phone” So I say what do I need to do then? She replied get your phone repaired.

So I book an appointment with Apple that I have to pay for as my phone is out of warranty, never the less I get it done. Apple returns my phone confirming t no issues at all. The phone is in perfect working order.

I experience the same problem a few days later which boils my blood. I call the infamous o2 customer support. I again complain about the issues im experiencing again I speak to a robot programed what to say. The annoying thing is I have to list everything I have done and what has been suggested (where are the notes on my account?)So I list the all the things o2 has told me to do.

This time they suggest I do a sim swap and confirm that this will resolve the problem so I wait 5-10 days for the sim card to arrive. I call o2 who said that I need to plug the new sim in and they will get it activated. 24 hours later my phone is back online and for a few days I think this has been resolved until the same issues start happening again.

Again I call o2 extremely frustrated I explain everything and of course the problem is not with o2 its my phone, I again explain that I have done everything o2 have asked me to do so how can it be my phone when I have repaired it as they have asked amongst all the other things.

Every time I speak to o2 they so unhelpful and so robotic it’s probably the worst service I have ever had to deal with over the last 3 months. This weekend the o2 service went down again as well all know and now I don’t have any 3G service at all. I have reset my phone, reset network settings turned 3G on and off and despite all my effort there is only one other thing left to do call the world class service “o2 customer service” who are now going to disconnect my service and reconnect it which sound exactly the same as when I had a new sim card. I asked what are you going to do for me if this does not work the robot said they are not able to tell me at this time. I said what do you mean? She replied we can’t give you that information at this time. I don’t know what to do anymore because o2 are so unhelpful there is no point calling the o2 customer service support line. I’d get more help from a random person on the street. O2 are a complete disaster I just wish I never had 9 months left on my contact I now have to endure.

Wake up o2 im not the only person who has this issue it’s not my phone, you provide a useless service and this should be illegal to remain in this contact due to these problems

Message 7 of 7