O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Anonymous

FAQs: Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Need some help with Pay Monthly or Pay and Go? Here are some links answering the most commonly asked questions:

From the community

Here are our specially selected community guides created by some of our top experts:

What is 2G, 3G and 4G? - by darrengf

• International roaming and what it's all about - by darrengf

How to Lengthen Ringtime on any O2 Mobile - by jonsie

• Having difficulties viewing your bill? This is how you fix it

• Tips to help stop spam calls & texts by adamtemp64

Why is my coverage poor/ signal indoors poor? An explanantion and tips by adamtemp64

Can't find what you're looking for?

Here's a guide on how to get help. The easiest way to get help is to search for an answer or just start a new thread and ask.

Also, don't forget to keep an eye out for some of our top-experts on Pay Monthly and Pay & Go;

• jonsie

• perksie

Fatboy

davethorp

adamtemp64

• MI5

Would you like to help out or get a guide linked as well?

If you'd like to help out as well, feel free to chip in. If you enjoy writing about your experience, we're always looking for more guides, tips and tricks or reviews to link to from this FAQ. Examples could be:

• How to upgrade

• How to check my signal / service status?

• What is simplicity?

• How does roaming work/ what does it cost?

• What are bolt ons/ how do they work?

• Data/APN guide

• Voicemail/visual voicemail

• PAC code / how do I keep my number

• Age verification, what is it?

• Boostbox guide

• etc, etc.

If you need some more inspiration, you can also always drop Toby or Chiara a private message with your ideas or suggestions. 

Hope to speak soon!

Level 1: Joiner

Re: FAQs: Pay Monthly and Pay & Go

Hi, I have found everything about O2 excellent, I have no complaints and am very satisfied.
Level 44: Clearly Talented

[ Edited ]

Great to hear dimplesSmiley Happy lovely to see someone go out of their way to compliment the serviceSmiley Happy

any particular nb its stand out?

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told Smiley Wink
Anonymous

How do I view my bill online?? View full bill in my bill summary is not an option in my o2. Very poorly designed website

It should be available if you download as pdf. It's fully itemised.

Anonymous

Hi,

I've just joined O2 on the pay and go go go tariff. ( so far so good)

I did find one difficulty in how the 6 month promotional data allowance is allocated to your account. I have contacted an advisor on one of the chat windows and though not immediately known; I end up being advised to send 'go10' or 'go20' to 21300; apparently this gets you registered although I've yet to see this on my account.

Hope this helps anybody who can't find the information.

Cheers

Former Staff

Thanks very much for this Andrew49 Smiley Happy

Let us know on the thread when you have seen it, as I can add it to the FAQs.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Anonymous

Re: FAQs: Pay Monthly and Pay & Go- promotional data

Hi Toby,

Unfortunately this did not work and no promotional bonus data has been added to my account.

I did follow this up with a phone call to customer support, and was very surprised to hear that the rep did not know anything about the advertised deal and had to find out about this first.

He did say that the bonus data should be added automatically so he and the supervisor would be looking into this to ensure the problem is resolved. ( it could be that the extension to the offer from December to end of January may of caused some issues?). The advisor did offer an attitudinal amount of data as compensation and said he would put 500mb on my account, and said he had set this up. I thought this was very good gesture from o2; even though it's probably more than I need.

Yesterday evening I received a text from o2 saying an additional 150mb had been put on my  account. ( was this a delayed resolution to the original request?)

Having checked this morning no additional data is recorded on my account; either the original promised & entitled 150mb or the 'good gestured' 500mb

I have recently joined o2 and decided on them because the signal appeared to be OK and because I ( mistakenly?) thought that the customer service set up was good so any problems could be dealt with competently. With hindsight I am beginning to think I would of been better going for one of the cheaper packaged deals ( knowing in advance that I may need to put in additional time chasing up resolutions to any issues I have).

Andrew

Former Staff

Re: FAQs: Pay Monthly and Pay & Go- promotional data

@Andrew49,

I have sent you a private message Smiley Happy
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Anonymous

My phone has been disconnected as I didn't pay the bill in time, which is totally fair. I now want to pay the bill but can't use my phone to ring anyone (including 02) and there are problems with my online account (don't know why but it just keeps reloading the 02 home page)

I want to sort this out but don't know how!