Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra charges for a premium number

JSliwa50
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m in shock! I’ve just been charged an extra £21.22 for phoning ROYAL MAIL to enquire about a missing parcel. I had to be on hold for some time before an operator was available but at no time was I warned that there would be extra costs for using this number. I think it’s outrageous that this can happen. What is one supposed to do?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JSliwa50 If you made the call there's nothing anyone can do reduce the charge. Below is a Royal Mail link with several phone numbers. If you used the number with an 03 prefix it should have cost you no more than a local call.

Royal Mail Customer Service Phone Number : RoyalMail Contact Email Id (royalmailtracking.org)

In future, if all that is offered is an 08 prefix number, use this link to find an alternative:

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JSliwa50 If you made the call there's nothing anyone can do reduce the charge. Below is a Royal Mail link with several phone numbers. If you used the number with an 03 prefix it should have cost you no more than a local call.

Royal Mail Customer Service Phone Number : RoyalMail Contact Email Id (royalmailtracking.org)

In future, if all that is offered is an 08 prefix number, use this link to find an alternative:

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

pedrobedro
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Call 202 and ask them to stop any out of tariff charges or set a limit. You will not be able to use the numbers that charge a premium but it will be better than nasty surprises on bill day.

You are now 4th in a queue, stop pushing. All our calls are recorded for training purposes so don't do anything stupid.
Huawei Honor 8x
Message 3 of 3