Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra charges Finite Inc Global

Jcuk84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was wondering if anyone has had the same trouble as me. I went to check my bill as it was just more than double what it usually is. Upon further inspection of what the charges were I had been charged on 4 separate accounts, 3 times in February and once in for £4.50.

The name that came up was Finite Inc Global, I had received a text message a few days ago saying;

" FreeMsg: Reminder. You are subscribed to Jammitup for £4.50 every week from Finite Inc Global Ltd until you text STOP to 83463. HELP? 03300535838"

I was dubious about this and didn't reply and have not signed to anything which would incur the charges.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jcuk84 some help to get money back here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... and here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jcuk84 some help to get money back here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... and here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Jcuk84 

Read your post ~ unfortunately this is happening.

To avoid further charges in the future

Call Customer services and ask them to

Bar all direct to Bill debits on your account

and Bar calls to Premium Rate numbers.

MI5 has given you the link to help you get your present scam calling charges

dealt with.

Good Luck 

edited for typo error

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jcuk84 

Jammitup is a common payforit scam. We see it many times on this community and other networks

You could ring O2 and ask them to refund your money, though it is probably better to go to the company direct.

"Jammitup is a name which crops up fairly frequently in relation to Payforit scams. It uses shared shortcode 83463 which is common to a large number of these scams. It is operated by a company called
Abacus Synergy

Abacus Synergy Ltd.
27 Old Gloucester Street
London
WC1N 3AX
United Kingdom

You could try calling them on 0330 053 5838, to make sure that the charges are stopped and that you obtain a FULL refund. Also ask them to remove your name from their database. As they are UK based, you can threaten them with the Small Claims procedure which will add signifiantly to their costs if they are stupid enough not to refund.

More info here

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Jammitup/m-p/1198048/highlight/true#M71517

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Jcuk84 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has had the same trouble as me. I went to check my bill as it was just more than double what it usually is. Upon further inspection of what the charges were I had been charged on 4 separate accounts, 3 times in February and once in for £4.50.

The name that came up was Finite Inc Global, I had received a text message a few days ago saying;

" FreeMsg: Reminder. You are subscribed to Jammitup for £4.50 every week from Finite Inc Global Ltd until you text STOP to 83463. HELP? 03300535838"

I was dubious about this and didn't reply and have not signed to anything which would incur the charges.

Jammitup is a Payforit scam, using shortcode 83463. This shortcode is associated with a large number of different scam "subscription services" and it is utterly negligent of O2 not to have put  stop fraud using this shortcode which is operated by a rather dubious company called Tap2Bill Ltd.

You need to make sure you have stopped any further charge, by sending a "STOP ALL" text to 83463. There will be a charge for seding this text (only 8p-12p) and this should be added to the amount of your claim from Jammitup.

You should phone 03300535838 during working hours tomorrow to claim a FULL refund.

There is a discrepancy between the information held by the regulator and that supplied in the text you have received. The regulator lists the company behind the "service" as Abacus Synergy. However your text says the company is Finite Inc Global. The good news is that both of these are UK companies, sharing the same company address. It might be worth calling the regulator on 0300 30 300 20 (Mon-Fri 9:30 -12:30) to clarify which company is actually responsible for this service. My guess is that the information in your text is correct.

In the event that Finite Inc Global refuse you a FULL refund, my advice would be not to waste time arguing with them, but to immediately use the Small Claims procedure. Send them a letter before action giving them three weeks to issue a full refund or face a claim in the Small Claims court.

The address and details held by Companies House for Finite Inc Global are:

FINITE INC GLOBAL LIMITED

Company Number 11189229 - Incorporated on 6 February 2018

27 Old Gloucester Street, London, United Kingdom, WC1N 3AX

The sole director is Ranju GEORGIOU.

At this point you would also be able to escalate your complaint to O2 under the Payforit rules, although O2 have so far been reluctant to perform this role.

The Payforit system is a disgrace to the Mobile Phone networks that own, operate and profit from it. By continuing to process payments to companies like this, O2 are conniving to defraud their customers. Unfortunately as they take a high percentage of the fraudulent "subscription payments" there is no incentive for them to put their house in order.

Fortunately, the regulator has, at long last, recognised that the lebels of fraud are unsustainable and have proposed new rules for Payforit subscription services. https://psauthority.org.uk/news/blogs/2019/february/we-are-proposing-changes-to-our-regulation-of-ph...

The main proposal is the introduction of two factor authorisation for these subscriptions. This should defeat the iFraming and clickjacking exploits currently being used to auto-subscribe consumers.

Of course, there is a lot else wrong with Payforit. The lack of a clearly defined disputes procedure and the lack of a lawful refund mechanism are two of these.

I urge anyone reading this to respond to the consultation and help put a nail in the coffin of these disgusting scams.

I urge O2 to consider bringing forward the introduction of 2 factor authorisation, and not to wait  until the regulator forces them to implement protection badly needed by members,

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 5 of 7

Stephen1985
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This also happened to me and I refused to let it go. I have just received a refund from finite global following 20 threatening emails. I was charged 5times totalling £22.50 but it wasnt about the money it was about the point.
I discovered through simple research that the company has registered directors and former directors which can be found via a google search. One such former director was a chap named Muhammed Ikaar Fareed. If you follow on from this you will find a mugshot of a man matching the description and based in London. He advertised his expertise as SMS payment recovery on his LinkedIn profile along with his contact details 🤔🍾.

No the following circumstances may be purely coincidental but I emailed him...

Good Evening Mr Fareed,

I am currently running an investigating into a company which you are currently or have recently been involved with. I recently received several text messages indicating, I had been subscribed to a service called 'Jammit Up'. 

I never opted in to this service on the 8th March 2019 as the text messages I received tell me. I had been unaware that I was being charged for these messages and I deleted them, simply suspecting them as fraudulent. After 4 weeks of ignoring these and several others, I then noticed anomalies with my phone bill (an area of your expertise I might add). I had been charged £4.50 for each of the 5 messages I recieved as I did not reply with STOP when prompted. 

Can I ask you why anyone would reply STOP to a service which they never opted into? Especially when replying STOP would incur additional costs.

I have contacted the company directly which have informed me I do not qualify for a refund. 

Following this I have taken this case to Police Action Fraud and the Phone Pay Service Authority, whom are both investigating the case to potentially take legal action against this company currently headed by Mrs Ranju Georgiou. 

I believe  you are still affiliated with this company and should this be an error in the system which you potentially implemented, I am willing to give you this one chance to rectify the problem and arrange a full refund.

If this problem continues I would have no problem following this through to a court of law and standing against you and your affiliates, with the backing of many others effected by this scam.

Additionally 02 have requested information on how I became subscribed to your service, which WE are yet to receive.

Regards

Stephen

The very next day I was offered a full refund within 28 days from info@Jammitup customer service. On that occasion I did not receive a direct response from Mr Fareed.

The email from Jammit up reads...

Hello Stephen,

From the perspective of customer satisfaction we are ready to provide you the refund.

Please provide us your bank details (Name on the account,sort code and account number) or PayPal details or Home Address (Cheque Payment)

Also I would like to bring it to your knowledge that sending a STOP message to your subscribed service does not incur any additional cost.

Refund is processed within 28 working days from providing the details.

Kind regards,    

Stephen                         

Jammitup Customer Service

Now I am not willing to provide any further of my personal details to this conpany, but they already have my email which is linked to PayPal. So they can refund via paypal without knowing your bank details or home address.

Over the next 28days I managed to get an interview with the BBC to highlight these scammers. The programme aired on 1st May BBC watchdog. I also reported this case to the Phone paid sevrice Authority, the Police action fraud team and the National crime agency and I made them well aware of that. I would recommend this to anyone effected as the mpre reports they receive the more evidence they have to start an investigation.

After 30+days and many emails to Jammit up I had become very angry and I emailed Mr Fareed again. This time he responded, denying all contact with this company and wishing me well with my investigation. Guess what happened that night! I got a refund!

Funny enough the company refunding me was different.

Wellspring Digital Ltd headed by a chap named Andrew Georgiou.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10739936/filing-history

This director has been incharge of 27 companies 25 of these have gone into insolvency or Liquidation. His longest serving role is with an Insurance company
Only Insurance Ltd and Abstract Holding Ltd. Maybe this is where your money is sitting?

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/908767062/MR-ANDREW-GEORGIOU/summary

I fully intend on gathering all of this information and submitting a case to police action fraud to stop these criminals.

It is not acceptable for someone to take our money without consequence. It is also not acceptable, the lengths you need to go to in trying to recover your own money.

I have set up a email address for victims of the scam to contact me so I can build a case against these people so if anyone wants to drop me an email I will add you to a victims list.

Steveyste7**Personal info**

Please dont add any attachments as I wont open them email incase they send me a virus in response! I wouldnt put it past them! Good luck in recovering your money!

Regards
Stephen
Message 6 of 7

Stephen1985
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The email for effected victims which has been autoblocked by o2 was a hotmail account ending in .com.

Thanks
Message 7 of 7