Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experia Z3 - Data usage

battenburgone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had a Z3 since the end of November;  I'm on 500m of data but since I've had it, it's all getting used up too quickly??  I've gotthings set to 'restrict bacckground data', so it only does downloads and updates when I'm on wi-fi, but it still gets used!  I don't go on anything different to my previous phone and I don't play games or have loads of apps.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong/missing?

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Faceache will be the video autoplay. You need to go into the app settings and set to off or wifi only.
Chrome could be an extension of faceache when viewing links etc or it could just be down to use.
In chrome settings you can apply data compression to use less data but images and video's will be compromised for quality.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @battenburgone 

have gone to about phone>Usage info settings ?

Message 2 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We have a couple of Sony Experts on here @viridis  and @MI5  I am sure they will be here to answer soon...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
500mb is not a great deal of Data Allowance in the grand scheme of things regarding how a smartphone always wants to connect to the Networks services.

Have you considered perhaps looking at increasing your allowance via http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
Message 4 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
If you got to settings, data usage. It will tell you which application is using the data and allow to adjust those apps settings to lower the data requirements.
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you use Facebook? Have you got videos set to auto play? Uses a huge amount of data
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We need to know what is using data first.
Look as advised above and report back please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 15

battenburgone
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

it looks like Google Chrome and the Faceache, sorry Facebook apps.  I'm not sure why though as i have both set to restrict background data. 

I don't go on anything now, that I did on my blackberry and I was never anywhere near to limits with that.  It only updates anything when I get home and a on the wi-fi. 

Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Faceache will be the video autoplay. You need to go into the app settings and set to off or wifi only.
Chrome could be an extension of faceache when viewing links etc or it could just be down to use.
In chrome settings you can apply data compression to use less data but images and video's will be compromised for quality.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yay. I was right. Ruddy Faceache again.

Go into the app (on wifi of course) and go into settings and turn video auto play to off.

Why Facebook think it is acceptable to keep screwing us over with changes is beyond me. But I won't get started on Facebook on here lol
Message 10 of 15