cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expensive payments for rubbish service!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed to O2 as I was led to believe that I would get better reception with this Company. I was locked into a 2 year contract (thankfully finishing this August). I get dreadull reception. I am unable to recieve or make calls, texts sometimes arrive the next day, some days I have to stand up the top of my drive , just to send a text!

I have complained to O2 about this, they refer to their records and can see my 'non' usage, but are totally unwilling to reduce my payments, THANKS o2 for your rubbish service and intransigent attitude. Will never use or reccomend your services!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just a thought, but have you tried Tugo?
http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Led to believe...? We always recommend using P&G sim before entering into a long term contract.

Message 3 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Led to believe...? We always recommend using P&G sim before entering into a long term contract.

Don't all the networks "Lead you to believe"! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They all do but unfortunately it happens all too often that people are stuck in a two year contract with poor coverage.The networks' coverage maps don't give any true indication.

Message 5 of 14

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If they did I would be getting a perfect reception............

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 6 of 14

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
As already suggested, can't u use TuGo?

It works for me as I'm in a bit of a black spot in some parts of my property.

When u say led to believe, who led u to believe this? You would've had a cooling off period as well, surely u noticed immediately that the signal was no good, you could've cancelled.

Message 7 of 14

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:
As already suggested, can't u use TuGo?

It works for me as I'm in a bit of a black spot in some parts of my property.

When u say led to believe, who led u to believe this? You would've had a cooling off period as well, surely u noticed immediately that the signal was no good, you could've cancelled.

Just thought I'd add my 5 pence if I may slight_smile

You are right about the cooling off period, but...there's one but...

We do not know what the person's mobile usage geography actually is. Majority people are probably using it on a daily basis within the same "home-work-mate's house-couple of fav places" boundary. And because such usage patterns apply to the vast majority of customers, we somehow do assume that this is what a "mobile phone usage" actually is.

Well, it's not.

Hardly anyone (telcos and fellow customers) listen to the poor guy who needs to be truly mobile. Today he is in London, tomorrow - Inverness, the day after - some other place in the country. When deciding to sign up for the mobile network contract, how does one "immediately notice" that the signal is crap? It might be good at his home location, who's to say it will stay the same 100 miles down the road? 200 miles? 500 miles? the same distances but the different direction?

There is a tool, which networks do provide, and our "always on the go" guy can't do any better but to rely on it's accuracy - mobile network coverage maps. Sadly, these maps do not seem to be anywhere near what could be called accurate, more like "there was once a one bar signal in this forest, so let's write that we have a good outdoor signal here" (exaggerating here, of course, but you know what I mean...).

Naturally, one can buy every sim card of every available provider in a hope that at least one of them will provide a signal where others don't, but it would be nice to be able to rely on your provider of choice at all times, woudn't it?

Message 8 of 14

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Just to add to that, people tend to forget this is a radio signal and will never provide full coverage everywhere.

Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Until UK roaming becomes mainstream it's just a pipedream, but a real nice one nonetheless.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 14