cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expensive Goodwill Gesture

Anonymous
Not applicable

After a series of frustrating exchanges with Gurus and Customer Service operatives last week, I finally reached a level of supervisor who could resolve my problem (related to data sharing).

When he had finished, the O2 supervisor said he would add a 4GB sharing data top-up to my account as a "goodwill gesture".

Imagine my surprise to find on today's Airtime Bill that I had been charged for that data top-up!!!

It even says "goodwill gesture" in the history notes on the O2 Customer Services system because today's operative read the notes out to me.

You couldn't even make it up.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Obviously you need to speak to CS again to get this corrected but double check the cost hasn't been removed also further down in the bill adjustments section.
It will show as a minus figure if it has.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Obviously you need to speak to CS again to get this corrected but double check the cost hasn't been removed also further down in the bill adjustments section.
It will show as a minus figure if it has.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I spoke to Customer Services earlier today they said that because the bill had now been issued they would have to make the refund next month.

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When I spoke to Customer Services earlier today they said that because the bill had now been issued they would have to make the refund next month.

Rolleys As you said earlier @Anonymous 'you couldn't make it up'. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Daaamn I'd be hopping mad if they'd done this to me 😱

Follow the link to complaints that was given earlier.
Message 7 of 7