Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exhorbitant rates

SusieB1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone else find O2 rates through the roof?  I have a mobile hotspot device and a 40gb allowance, which is constantly running out.  All I am offered are Bolt-Ons which only last 5 minutes!  Apparently there are no alternative tariffs!   

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you need that much data you should maybe get broadband or seek out WiFi hotspots?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you need that much data you should maybe get broadband or seek out WiFi hotspots?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SusieB1 Just out of curiosity, what are you using 40GB of data per month on? That's a huge amount.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You would be better off getting a wifi contract if all your data is being used at home. Are you tethering a laptop or pc from your phone?

Message 4 of 8

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Admittedly Im a smaller user on mobile stuff. Ive always found 02 to be a fair opertator. Its ages since I went anywhere else so can't compare. I pay 5.00 ish per month and am happy.  I work my stuff mostly at home so I have broadband. The 2 combined come to under 20.00. 

The guys and gals on Community know what they are talking about from experience.  I Take heed .

Message 5 of 8

SusieB1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thank you for your message.  Is 40GB a lot? I am a novice in these matters (a pensioner to boot!) and I work in the film industry.  I have to watch a lot of films and catch-up TV which I guess is using up all my data.  

Message 6 of 8

SusieB1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Jonsie.  Yes I know I should get a contract and will arrange one once I have moved house.  But for now, I can only use the dongle with my laptop/phone.  I  guess I will just have to live with the costs. 

Message 7 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@SusieB1 Streaming movies or TV shows will use an enormous amount of data. You need to do that over WiFi whenever you can. You'll find your usage will drop dramatically if you do.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 8