Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Handset

drobertz200
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just taken delivery of a Samsung Galaxy S9 plus and I am not liking it and want to move back to an Apple device. So, I thought I would have a read through the 02 change of mind policy, which states....

"If you're an O2 Refresh customer, you've the right to cancel your whole O2 Refresh deal (both your Airtime Plan and Device Plan Credit Agreement) within those 14 days. Or you can change your device for another one, but you can only do this once"

So, the above clearly states that I can change my device for another one. I contacted 02 by live chat who then tell me that I would have to cancel the contract, arrange to return the handset and then take out another contract. I pointed out that this contradicts the chage of mind policy, but the operator was adamant that he was correct.

Has anyone had any experiences with issues similar to mine?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@drobertz200It certainly does say that in the change of mind policy (although to be fair it doesn't clarify what you have to do to exchange for another one)

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Personally I would leave Live Chat alone for this issue. Ring customer services and speak to someone

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

drobertz200
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have tried to ring 02 but all i get is "sorry we are not here at the moment"

Nothing is ever easy with 02 apart from them taking your money, and as for LIVE CHAT what a waste of time, scripted answers!!

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@drobertz200I have checked the opening times and there is NO mention of CS being closed for Easter

CS open Easter.JPG

Though this has happened before during holiday periods without notification. Keep trying  and I will ask our community Admin @Marjo and @Martin-O2 to double check...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As far as I know you would have to return the Samsung and a new contact would be started with a handset of your preference. There can be no straight swap because o2s systems don't allow for exchanges. They aren't programmed that way and no one is able to just alter stock to do a +1 or a -1 on stock control. 

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122385 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I think you are right @jonsie, which is why I said the wording on 'exchange' didn't clarify what that would involve ...Very ambiguous to say the least.:smileysad:

@drobertz200did you manage to get through to customer services at all?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6