Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Excessive Usage Policy

I want to go on a Pay Monthly contract with o2. The contract I want to go on comes with unlimited free texts. I was just wondering how many unlimited actually is?
Anonymous

Excessive Usage Policy

Unlimted does mean unlimited to a degree. Basically as many as you like as long as you are sending them from your handset. For example, some people/companies may use special equipment with their phone/sim card to send out thousands of spam sms etc. O2 will be able to see that it would not be humanly possible for someone to send that many texts and that is where the fair usage policy comes into play. So the unlimtied texts option allows you to send as many as you want from your phone, by using your own hands before your fingers burn out! Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

Ok

Okay, thanks. That helps alot Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Excessive Usage Policy

'Unlimited' Text messages for O2 is 20,000.

I've never met a person who can send 20,000 Text messages in a month!
Anonymous

Excessive Usage Policy

I worked out that you would have to send a text every 30 seconds 24 hrs a day 7 days a week to even come close, its about 22k texts I believe, its impossible unless you are using it for what the other guy said "spam texts"
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

Excessive Usage Policy

The unlimited text bundle is actually higher than what has been said.

Smiley Very Happy
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

Excessive Usage Policy

It is indeed.

Although the number is only there because the system doesn't understand the word "unlimited"

If you use your fingers for texting and your mouth for talking then you wont go wrong with the fair usage policies.