Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eu Data

Brucesea
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am struggling to find an answer to this, when does the 25GB limit for data use in the EU reset? I work abroad and frequently use 60GB if data, I asked this of the o2 help line and they told me it was on a trip by trip basis so returning to the UK for 24 hours would reset the 25GB, so I didn’t switch, this is not what I am experiencing in reality. So which is it 25GB monthly in the EU or 25GB per trip? 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Brucesea 

It's per billing cycle.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

Tariffs with more than 25GB of monthly data

If your UK monthly data allowance is over 25GB, you’ll have a Roaming Limit of 25GB when roaming in our Europe Zone. This means you can use up to 25GB of your allowance at no extra cost- we’ll text you if you’re getting close to the limit, and again if you reach it. You can still use data if you reach our Roaming Limit, but you’ll be charged £3.50/GB.

These charges will apply until the following (depending on which is earliest);

• You use up your monthly UK data allowance**
  • You return to the UK
  • You reach your next bill cycle
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Brucesea 

It's per billing cycle.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

Tariffs with more than 25GB of monthly data

If your UK monthly data allowance is over 25GB, you’ll have a Roaming Limit of 25GB when roaming in our Europe Zone. This means you can use up to 25GB of your allowance at no extra cost- we’ll text you if you’re getting close to the limit, and again if you reach it. You can still use data if you reach our Roaming Limit, but you’ll be charged £3.50/GB.

These charges will apply until the following (depending on which is earliest);

• You use up your monthly UK data allowance**
  • You return to the UK
  • You reach your next bill cycle
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2