Did you mean: 

Esim swap whilst device cancellation in progress

Rolfd
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I've started the process of returning a device under the 14 day policy. It has my number connected via eSim and when I went to do a sim swap to get a new QR code to install the eSim on my old phone the system tells me that I cannot make any changes as there is already a change in progress. I spoke to online chat who said that I have to return my device, wait for it to be processed then the esim will become available again. Given that this will take the best part of a week surely there is another way to get the esim or even a plastic one with my number to get my old iPhone working again.  Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23574 Posts
  • 1036 Topics
  • 3750 Solutions

@Rolfd Online chat is not the most reliable source: How to find help & contact O2: A Guide - O2 Community

Alternatively, call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they may be able to help. Be sure to bring photo ID with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Rolfd
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well I went into the store and they were unable to help. My number is showing on their system as inactive and they don't know why. I'm giving it 24 hours to see if anything changes. The number better not be listed for deactivation as I've had it for years and need it for work!

Message 3 of 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37307 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

You can also fire a query off to O2's Social Media Team, link below has the ways to do this. Poke them periodically, they are much better than the helpline, and occasionally than the staff in O2's stores, @Rolfd. Good luck!

Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7766 Posts
  • 155 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Is it possible for you to try a visit to a different O2 retail store @Rolfd ? There are plenty around :-

Store locator | O2 UK | Find Your Nearest O2 Store

https://stores.o2.co.uk/

Sometimes, the store visit option can be successful if you meet with an associate who is experienced, motivated and has the time to help you. Just because one store visit did not solve your problem does not mean that a visit to a different store will not be fruitful. 👍  

Message 5 of 5