Did you mean: 

Esim issue

cruxxly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.
I decided to pay off the remainder of my O2 phone and move to a sim only deal. Once I had gone through the deal on O2 website I arrived at a screen about sims cards which stated:
"You currently use a esim. You can use a esim with your new device, or we can send you a plastic sim."
The problem is I have a physical sim and have never setup a esim and it is a simple pay off of cotract and transfer to sim only. I checked and took out the actual sim and there was no service until I put it back in I have had this card for a number of years.
I cancelled the transaction and left it as it was for now.
Any ideas why is says esim?

thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28264 Solutions

@cruxxly 

Just one of many such issues and nonsense we have to deal with these days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

cruxxly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I will pop into local O2 shop and see what their system says. I tried the process on husbands phone and it was fine on his pixel 7 pro but still says have a esim on my S22 ultra. I had this number and sim card before this phone so wasn't a new sim card either.

Message 3 of 3