cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 cant top up online.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a pay as you go account. Been trying to top up online for days now all i get is the error 500 page and a picture of a cat holding  a stick in its mouth. Tried chatting to online support tried using different browsers different computers all with same error 500 message. I tried calling 4444 to top up over phone and its just says its unable to do this and fails. So far i have been able to top up once at an o2 store with a top up card. I would like to do it online. Can anyone help me here?

I have another older phone on another o2 account but registered to the same address could this be causing me problems?

Any help appreciated

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Indeed, I'm not suggesting it's an ideal scenario, but more that there are alternatives to having to go into an O2 store slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Indeed, I'm not suggesting it's an ideal scenario, but more that there are alternatives to having to go into an O2 store slight_smile

Yes. Our local Tesco is about 3 minutes walk from me...and the newsagent even closer. The O2 shop is right in the town centre with associated parking problems....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I bought my two daughters an iphone 4s each on o2 payg for christmas. One is fine, the other - i cant top up. I get the same error message that you are describing

I have been on live chat twice in the last few days. The first "guru" told me that he was clearing the account or resetting it so that my visa card was not associated with only one phone number ( ? ) 

Todays "guru" told me that it was a temporary faulty and is going to be fixed, but could give no clue as to the time frame. 

A quick look on google has since shown me that its not just us and not just a recent fault

Did anyone manage to solve this? 

Message 23 of 33

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

How many P&G phones have you topped up with the same debit card?

O2's system allows 2 phones per card.

If this is the case then O2 can deregister one phone but you need to call them. Using live chat for this would be a complete waste of your time.

Message 24 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thanks for reply - before I bought these two, I'd never had a payg with O2.

The one we are having problems with is the first one I tried to top up, at the point when I tried it - this visa card had never been registered to another payg phone.

The second phone topped up fine using the same card

Ive one happy daughter and one not so happy 😕

Message 25 of 33

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know what that means I'm afraid - what's a ported number?
Message 27 of 33

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't know what that means I'm afraid - what's a ported number?

Transferred from another network.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I googled it, no it's not - both are 07549 O2 numbers
Message 29 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still getting this two years later. No one helps and both 4444 and 4445 are useless. Wish I never got an O2 SIM now - a bunch of useless characters.

Message 30 of 33