cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erroneous advice

Anonymous
Not applicable

I really felt I had to write something after FIVE chats with o2 on the same topic.

I explained the situation:

I will be away for a month and have no access to Wi-Fi. So I bought a 3G Mobile Mi-Fi. All I needed was a SIM 🙂 I explained I wanted to use the phone also whilst I was away.

The Operator 1 said all I need was an additional SIM, same number as my mobile. After 5 days it hadn't arrived.

Operator 2 said SIM had been despatched. I explained situation. He said the SIM despatched was a spare for the mobile. No use with Mi-FI. I would need a PAYG SIM for that. As I wanted to test this, I ordered PAYG SIM for immediate delivery. And another one for delivery in late August. (They only last 30 days).

I tested the MI-FI SIM and - surprise, surprise - no connectivity.

Operator 3 said it needed to be activated, although I had been advised by Operator 2 it was preactivated. Operator 3 also said I did not need a Wi-Fi PAYG SIM, all I needed was an additional SIM, same number as my mobile - as per Operator 1. He also said he would cancel the WI-FI SIM I used for testing. 5 days later this one hadn't arrived. 

Operator 4 said no SIM had been despatched, and yes, I did need a PAYG SIM for MI-FI. He checked, and said that Operator 3 had not cancelled the WI-FI SIM. He put me through to the PAYG team and they cancelled - hopefully.

Confused? Imagine how I feel after posing a simple question. I must have been on chat for a total of more than 2 hours. I still don't know the correct answer to the question. Either O2 needs to offer more training to its operators or they need to improve their grasp of English.

Not a happy bunny.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
How difficult would it have been for Operator 1 to tell me this? Lack of training?
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that and the fact that they are all outside the uk where English isn't there first language I think they struggle to understand sometimes
Message 13 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
They get confused easily but whereas some will go away and ask for help, some others just plough on through the discussion getting it all wrong......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
It really is time that O2 sorted it out it lets an otherwise great customer services down
Message 15 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Of course the other thing I query....The OP said they were going away for a week....is this away in the UK....or away abroad?

A whole different ball game as I found out in June. I bought a MiFi dongle/sim in the UK for my netbook which stays abroad. I was assured it would work.  It did not, frustratingly....

Sorry to throw this in the mix but I thought it worth mentioning slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I have said on here many times before, and I put up a thread that got limited response, live chat in my opinion is not fit for purpose and drags o2 down
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would also add that another major operator (Vodafone) sends most CS calls overseas. They have a dreadful CS record and many have left them around the world because of it. In the UK, Europe and Australia they have lost customers hand over fist.

So o2? Why are you following Vodafone down the same path?
Message 18 of 18