cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering "Premium" rate text competitions off the telly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Topic.

I've entered competitions on TV before from Britain's Got Talent, X Factor and stuff, but they always say "texts cost £1.53 plus standard network rate", I have unlimited texts on my O2 contract tariff, are these included or still charged?

I don't know why I bother though really, I never win anything! I've even entered a competition on Channel 5 to win a trip to Australia to meet the cast of Neighbours (seeing as I am in love with half the women on there, lol) and didn't win!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

No they are not included in your bundle.

They are premium texts.

You can however enter these competitions from their website for free.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also it may be worth checking the T&C's of the competition. Usually the company organising the competition gets its cash not only from the cost of entry (hence why they allow web entries for free a lot of the time) but also by selling your contact info to other companies, who will then send you advertising or promotional texts / emails.

Unless this sort of thing doesn't bother you, but I just hate those spammy messages so I never enter those competitions (also had an experience of a tv phone in where a house-mate had already arranged with the producer to be the one called and asked a question, and therefore win the prize, which made me pretty angry when I heard about it).

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few years ago I rang Who Wants To Be a Millionaire to try and get on that, I got some obscure question that I would;ve had to Google or Wikipedia the answer to, and they only give you 3 seconds to answer so I didn't have time for either.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A few years ago I rang Who Wants To Be a Millionaire to try and get on that, I got some obscure question that I would;ve had to Google or Wikipedia the answer to, and they only give you 3 seconds to answer so I didn't have time for either.

ok ive got to ask !

What was the question ?

wink

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't remember!

Message 6 of 6