cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending my 24 month contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

My first bill was January 2015, which means my contract is almost up, I don't use that phone/SIM anymore as I have another contract phone also with O2

Is there anything I need to do when the old phone contract comes to an end, or will it automatically stop taking direct debits and disconnect the SIM?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a very good deal, yea I could go for that, problem is after 1-2 years I'm itching for a new handset so end up with a new contract in order to get one without breaking the bank, really enjoy mobile photography, the S5 I just cancelled had a great camera, this S7 again takes stunning photos, and if the rumours of the S8 are true, I could be tempted again
Message 11 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144217 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Yeah, that's how they get you with wanting a new phone every 2 years slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol yup, getting the latest phone for free, even though you know you're paying well over the RRP after 2 years, still makes you want the new phone for free at the time, well, it does me anyway

But the good thing about it is that I can gift family my old handsets, my Dad got my S5 for his birthday this year, I baby my phones so they are always in next to new condition, so not a bad thing upgrading every couple of years I suppose, two people get a new phone each time

Might wait until the contract is over next time though, was a bit of a PITA having two contracts to pay and only using one of them

Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144217 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Yeah, it's an expensive way of doing it, for sure....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14