Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending contract

66Margo66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, I’m on a 24 month 02 refresh contract which doesn’t end until December 2023 so I’m nearly half was through, however if I was able to pay off the phone fully now, would I still be tied in with 02 to continue paying off the sim/contract element of the deal or can I walk away from 02 and start a new deal with another service provider without any issues ?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146890 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28261 Solutions

@66Margo66 

If you pay off the device plan you can leave for free.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7095 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

My O2 should tell you exactly when the contract ends, but yes, you will be tied into the SIM element for 24 months

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 146890 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28261 Solutions

@66Margo66 

If you pay off the device plan you can leave for free.

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 6

66Margo66
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The question now is who is correct as I have been given 2 opposite answers 

Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

MI5
  • 146890 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28261 Solutions

@66Margo66 

The guide I posted explains it all for you.

Message 6 of 6