Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending contract

Blancey
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Trying to work my way through this is a mine field so any help would be appreciated ! I have a monthly contract o2 refresh unlimited 24m 3G. 

I am able to upgrade device  from 10 November 2018 and my contract renewal date is 18 nov 2018

if I want to leave o2 around that time what is the best way to do that seamlessly 

I will be wanting to take my custom to a sim only with another network 

I have already requested my phone to be unlocked although that hasn’t happened yet ! 🙄

i know  I will need a new sim from new network and also a PAC code from o2 

do do I have to give 30 days notice on the contract for example ? I am trying to work it so i don’t end up paying for a service I am not using ! 

Any help/tips would be appreciated ! 

Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 17

Blancey
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks so much for that - so I phone up o2 today and pay off the remaining balance on my device and say I want to cancel my contract I can do that without any additional charges and presumably they will count 30 days from now and say that’s when ur contract ends ? And I should have the PAC code and new sim ready to go when the contract end date arrives ? Sorry to be so thick ! 🤪🤪🤪

Message 3 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

You have to pay to the end, so that's November, unless you clear the device plan.
If you cancel now you will be charged up to then.
If you give 30 days notice in October there will not be any additional charges.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

You are welcome. Yes just phone up, pay off the device plan today & request to cancel the airtime. You can ask for your pac too but once you give it to your new network you will get a final bill from O2. Leave the DD in place until you see a zero balance 

Message 5 of 17

Blancey
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So contract is due for renewal 18th November so if I activate the PAC code 17th nov late in the day then that automatically ends the contract with o2 and I shouldn’t b charged from the 18th November onwards and I don’t need to officially phone up and cancel the contract if I use the PAC ? 

Again sorry for being a bit thick ! 

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Correct, once the number has moved to a new network O2 will stop charging you.

But, it takes 2 days to transfer the number so do it 15th/16th.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

Blancey
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brilliant thanks so much that has been really helpful !!! Cheers x 

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

Blancey
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh oh one last thing they won’t give me a PAC code until I have paid the final payment on my device will they ? 🙄 

Message 10 of 17