cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending contract and transferring number to new name

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had an O2 contract for many years under my dad’s name. I would like to end this now (the contracted period is over) and open one in my own name, however I would like to keep my number. O2 seems to have the best tariffs so I was wondering if I could take out a contract in my own name, transfer the number then cancel my old one (much like using the PAC code between network providers). Is this possible?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is possible through the recontracting team. Basically O2 will cancel the old account and migrate the number over to the new one. Called a 'Duplicate account' or 'Consumer transfer of ownership.' I forget Smiley Embarassed

Both you and your dad will need to be availale to speak on the call. As they need to confirm with one party they're ok to cancel and the other they can perform the migration.

If you both cant be there your dad can call up and set a 'transfer of ownership' password on his account giving you permission to cancel when you call!

Just give O2 a call on 202, I'm sure they'll know what to do slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had an O2 contract for many years under my dad’s name. I would like to end this now (the contracted period is over) and open one in my own name, however I would like to keep my number. O2 seems to have the best tariffs so I was wondering if I could take out a contract in my own name, transfer the number then cancel my old one (much like using the PAC code between network providers). Is this possible?

Hi,

In my understanding the answer to keep the original telephone number would be No, as your closing down the contract in your Dads name, and opening up a new contract in your own name.

But in this world you don't get if you don't ask !  wink

You could see if 02 could transfer your Dads contract/number into your name.

He obviously would have to make the call to 02 on 202 from his mobile.

You would have to pass a credit check.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is possible through the recontracting team. Basically O2 will cancel the old account and migrate the number over to the new one. Called a 'Duplicate account' or 'Consumer transfer of ownership.' I forget Smiley Embarassed

Both you and your dad will need to be availale to speak on the call. As they need to confirm with one party they're ok to cancel and the other they can perform the migration.

If you both cant be there your dad can call up and set a 'transfer of ownership' password on his account giving you permission to cancel when you call!

Just give O2 a call on 202, I'm sure they'll know what to do slight_smile

Message 3 of 3