cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending a contract due to breach of contract?

Whiteadder
Level 1: Joiner
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone ever done this and can it easily be done?

Everything was working fine on my experia L2 until the other day when I went into the store. Short story: Assistant blunder > unnecessary sim swap > no more 4G (only 3G) > 4 days later no one seems to be able to fix the problem (yet)

I'd like to keep the phone but there's an amount still to pay AND over 3 years I'm paying twice the value of the phone (as it is sold). I always thought if you take out a contract, with considerably higher rates than competitors over such a long period that the device would either be free or cost less, but there you go. That's O2 looking after their customers for you.

Still got just over 2 years left on the contract. I'm thinking of getting a sim only deal with Tesco, who piggy back off O2 so in theory should still be as good a service.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93214 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions
Message 21 of 22

Whiteadder
  • 27 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will save a lot more than the termination fee in the long run. For the same tariff I will now be paying about £8 less per month, and will be able to leave the contract 9 months earlier.

Besides O2 will be refunding the difference such that the cost I paid them will be in line with the cost of this phone to buy at the time I took out this ridiculously overpriced for a long term customer contract.

They don't know it yet, but they will be. I've been with them for over 20 years. They have already contacted me since this happened yesterday so they are going to want to keep me sweet, or I will eventually walk.

Message 22 of 22