cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending O2 contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - my O2 contract ends on 2 nov (next Bill 4 nov) and am going to move to Giffgaff on a much cheaper tariff. After about an hour on chat I've finally got my PAC code from O2.

When should I activate my giff gaff sim and put in the PAC code. I don't want to incur any charges. I asked this on chat but the answer was not that clear.

Many thanks
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Give the PAC code to your new network and the port should complete in a day or two. Once this happens your service with O2 will automatically terminate and a final bill will be generated. If you use your PAC before the expiration of your 30 day notice period you may find a charge on your final bill in lieu of notice for the remainder of your notice period.

Have a look at this guide

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Incidentally your PAC code is valid for 30 days only from the date O2 gave it to you

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Give the PAC code to your new network and the port should complete in a day or two. Once this happens your service with O2 will automatically terminate and a final bill will be generated. If you use your PAC before the expiration of your 30 day notice period you may find a charge on your final bill in lieu of notice for the remainder of your notice period.

Have a look at this guide

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Incidentally your PAC code is valid for 30 days only from the date O2 gave it to you

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Do it now. You will just pay up to the end of your contract with o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I've been sent the PAC today and it expires 15/11. I don't want any charges in lieu of notice so
does that mean I now wait 30 days and use it on 15/11 even though my contract ends on 2/11?

Sorry, never done this before and finding it confusing
Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Honestly you would be better off using it now. There will always be some final charges. If paying by Direct debit don't cancel it till O2 have served you with a final bill..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If you use it now you will just pay up to the end of your contract. If you wait you will get another monthly bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You do need to use it now if you don't want to pay an extra month. Please do not cancel any direct debits until you get your final bill. O2 will not inform you if you have an outstanding amount due and many people have a default on their credit file for minor amounts.

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

they will make sure ending contract is as difficult as possible. I have beein trying for last two days with out any luck.

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi - my O2 contract ends on 2 nov (next Bill 4 nov) and am going to move to Giffgaff on a much cheaper tariff. After about an hour on chat I've finally got my PAC code from O2.

When should I activate my giff gaff sim and put in the PAC code. I don't want to incur any charges. I asked this on chat but the answer was not that clear.

Many thanks

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

they will make sure ending contract is as difficult as possible. I have beein trying for last two days with out any luck. 

Help thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Ending your contract could not be more simple. The hard part is actually getting through to speak to customer service or live chat. This is an ongoing problem unfortunately.  Live chat can give you a PAC, use it, contract finished.

Call customer service at 8.00am or try this link for live chat

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/chatnow

Message 10 of 10