cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of o2 contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I need a second opion on something as I'm getting conflicting messges from o2.

On my contract end 14th feb, I intend to move to tesco sim only. So i understand that to do this I need a pac code and use it within 30 days of recieving it (14th jan). But I understand if I do this before my contract ends o2 will charge me and my contract will be cancelled.

But at the same time I have to give a 30 days notice to o2 that I do not want my contract to continue (or i will continue being charged monthly)

So how is it physically possible for me to get a pac code after the 14th jan and not be charged for an extra months contract with o2?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Give the 30 day termination request now, but order the PAC code one day before your O2 contract ends to avoid being charged.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Give the 30 day termination request now, but order the PAC code one day before your O2 contract ends to avoid being charged.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you will need a PAC and use within 30 days.

Because line rental is always paid a month in advance, you normally recieve a credit on your last invoice which will be pro-rata between your port date and billing date.

Ideally, try and port to Tesco a day or two before your bill date

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay great thanks! I presume I can ask for the pac whenever within the last month without incurring a charge?

Message 4 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Use the PAC at anytime within the final month of your contract.
Use of the PAC will immediately cancel your contract and generate the final bill.
30 days notice is not required if using your PAC within the last month of your contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thanks for all your help

Message 6 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
No worries mate slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a help thread I wrote for the community which may enlighten you a bit more.

Lots of great advice by the members here thus far and it's a shame to see you want to move networks.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Obtaining-a-PAC-Code-from-the-O2-Network/m-p/54427...
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I have no issue with o2 just handing the phone to someone else whos after a cheap sim only deal with another company

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have been trying to contact the cancellation team for hours hanging on the phone and of course noone is picking up the phone. If I knew that it would be so difficult to terminate my O2 contract I wouldn't have signed it in the first place!

I will wait a little bit more and I will probably take some legal actions!

Message 10 of 14