Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract

marky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, my current 24 month contract comes to an end on 12th Feb, I will buy getting a new phone and contract through a 3rd party site as it's cheaper. Just wondering if I could order the new phone before then or wait and get it delivered on the 12th? Will my contract end automatically or do I need to tell o2 to cancel it beforehand?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@marky 

If it's a new contract your old one won't end unless you do something to end it. 
If you want to keep your number, just call customer service and ask them to migrate your old number to the new contract. 
If you aren't keeping the same number, you'll need to cancel the old contract Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

If you are doing an upgrade, however, you won't need to do anything as it will just switch automatically. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am quite a new o2 community forum member,
what I have learnt here is one very important thing to note - make sure the phone is in stock. @Markey
Good luck
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@marky 

If it's a new contract your old one won't end unless you do something to end it. 
If you want to keep your number, just call customer service and ask them to migrate your old number to the new contract. 
If you aren't keeping the same number, you'll need to cancel the old contract Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

If you are doing an upgrade, however, you won't need to do anything as it will just switch automatically. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

marky
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So when I get my existing number transferred on to my new contract they will cancel my existing contract on the day I get in contact with them? I don't need to let them know before?

Thanks

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@marky 

Your old contract will end the second you migrate your number. 
There is no requirement to give notice beforehand. 

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

marky
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Excellent, Thank you for your help.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@marky 

You're welcome 😉 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7