Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of contract

RAB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My contract finished this week therefore it is my understanding my tariff should reduce as I am no longer paying off my phone. Is this right? If so is O2 just going to keep taking the higher amount until I bring it up??
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Hi @RAB

If you have a refresh contract, your device payments will stop automatically, but if on a standard contract, you'll need to switch to sim only to get a reduction in costs, but you need to instigate that yourself.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Hi @RAB

If you have a refresh contract, your device payments will stop automatically, but if on a standard contract, you'll need to switch to sim only to get a reduction in costs, but you need to instigate that yourself.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @RAB

Yes if you are on refresh your device is paid off at contract end, though there will be one more payment to make.

You then just pay for the airtime. If you want to end that you just need to give 30 days notice.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Best is to speak to the retention team to see if they can offer you something good
Message 4 of 4