cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to end my contract (without returning my device) but I'm abroad and I won't be back in the UK until next year

I've tried so many times before I left but it was so hard to speak to somebody

I am aware of paying the leftover fees for my device. How can I do this

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Community Guide is http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

To Contact O2 : +44 3448090202 Free. (Recommended)

Live Chat.

You then will be required to pay the Handset Plan and instigate the Airtime Cancellation.

Do you not wish to retain your mobile number at all ?
Options such as changing the account to Payg but you'll need to use the account every 6 months by making a call and top up in 999 days.

Do not cancel your Direct Debit until you receive the final bill followed by a Zero Bill. This stops any issues with non payment of any remaining monies owed and O2 not being able to collect , chasing you for monies and in the extreme thus causing possible Credit File Defaults.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Community Guide is http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

To Contact O2 : +44 3448090202 Free. (Recommended)

Live Chat.

You then will be required to pay the Handset Plan and instigate the Airtime Cancellation.

Do you not wish to retain your mobile number at all ?
Options such as changing the account to Payg but you'll need to use the account every 6 months by making a call and top up in 999 days.

Do not cancel your Direct Debit until you receive the final bill followed by a Zero Bill. This stops any issues with non payment of any remaining monies owed and O2 not being able to collect , chasing you for monies and in the extreme thus causing possible Credit File Defaults.
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

We normally don't suggest using LIve Chat for account issues, in particular anything to do with ending a contract. You really should speak to someone in Customer Service. It can sometimes take a while to get through, but you should persevere. +44 3448090202 is a free call, but only if called from an O2 mobile.

Your phone may be locked to the O2 network. You should get it unlocked before you cancel. You can use this form: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

It is also important to remember any payment made must be with a valid UK debit/credit card. O2 will not accept payment from a foreign card...

Also as @Bambino said....avoid live chat. Use only the number he has given.....(which can be used on a landline also...though this will incur a charge)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

If I was in your situation I would send a recorded letter requesting the cancellation to:
Telefónica UK Limited
Correspondence Department

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

Once processed, your account will automatically be billed for the final fees and payment will be collected in the usual manner too which you now pay.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5