Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from o2 ref terms and conditions

Nra70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yesterday I received an email from o2 describing how they will be changing my terms and conditions.
I'm on a standard pay monthly contract which I set up with a reseller in Feb 20 (mobile phones direct).
Can someone here please confirm if customers who received this email are allowed to leave their contract without penalty..
I have just chatted in an o2 live chat with 'Jason' who says I'm not eligible having checked on the system and after speaking with his supervisor and will be obliged to pay early termination.
Can someone give clarity on what circumstances must be met to allow early ending of contract without penalty.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Nra70

It does say in the email "you may" be able to cancel without termination.

You wont be able to leave on the RPI+3.9% as you are not affected (you stay with the RPI annual price change as pert your current t&c's)
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 13

jamg291
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had the exact same experience. Email received saying "Because of these changes you have the right to end your tariff without having to pay an Early Termination Charge".

Spoke to an online advisor who said apparently I am not affected so the question remains who is?

Message 3 of 13

Nra70
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Agin I ask what are the circumstances that apply to allow ending of contract early?

is it a case that o2 have changed the terms and conditions of the original contract I signed up to in Feb 20 by moving me to their new pay monthly mobile agreement as described in email?

Message 4 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Only effected by the 3.9% if refresh contract was taken after march 2021. 

Contracts prior to that are just the usual annual RPI increase.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

Legfan
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's not just the rpi, its also if the new roaming cap affects you, so if you have a plan with more than 25gb of data then you are affected.
Message 6 of 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I think they get around that by having the roaming features built into a bolt on and not actually as part of your contracted term
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Isn't it more to do with O2 moving the fair use policy into the new terms and conditions?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There's always been a cap on unlimited contracts abroad so it won't be any different for a lot of people.
25gb is more than enough for sensible use in any month anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Exactly. As someone said yesterday if you are using more than 25GB on holiday, you must be bored so change your holiday destination...rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13